Thread: How to Disable Indexing of Recent Files (& make files non-searchable in dash?)

Beans

How to Disable Indexing of Recent Files (& make files non-searchable in dash?)

When I click on the icon at the bottom of the launcher entitled "Files & Folders" it shows all the things I've recently accessed. I'd like to know how to disable files and things from being indexed here. Also, how do I prevent files that I want kept private from showing up when a letter is typed that the file begins with in launcher?

Beans

Re: How to Disable Indexing of Recent Files (& make files non-searchable in dash?)

Ok, I've actually figured this out! I used this link to figure out how to clear the recent documents - http://ubuntuguide.net/clearprevent-...n-ubuntu-unity

And then I used Activity Log Manager and just disabled Logging. So the recent items are cleared and nothing is being added!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Disable Indexing of Recent Files (& make files non-searchable in dash?)

Hi, that is great, I was going to give you a link for it but you found it on your own.