Thread: Does the Ipod touch 4 generation work in ubuntu 11.04?

Beans

Question Does the Ipod touch 4 generation work in ubuntu 11.04?

Ok so I recently hooked up my friend with ubuntu 11.04 and his ipod was recognised and playing music though banshee. But, what I failed to check is if you could manage music with it. Now ,of course I assume you could (if it recognises it why won't you) but for some reason ... my friend cant seem to figure it out...

I assume you can just go in banshee and drag your music over like any other device. (ie: my phone)
    Am i right with this assumption, or does he need some third party application and or library ?

Beans

Re: Does the Ipod touch 4 generation work in ubuntu 11.04?

Managing music is done via http://www.libimobiledevice.org/ which says "The iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, iPad 1/2 and Apple TV do NOT work.
    Any device with DBVersion > 4 does NOT work."

I'm waiting to manage my music on Linux also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Friends just got a brand new iPad and wanted my help to sync it. Had to embarrass myself again with yet another linux failing as I followed all the instructions on this page: http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/tutorials...ad-with-linux/ and still cannot get it to work on 11.04. I really don't want to put itunes on this box.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm having the same problem with synching. It all seems to work but the synch just never ends...

Beans

Can I install Ubuntu onto my IPOD touch so I can use the Ubuntu apps instead? I was able to transfer some of my music, but can't seem to make the connection happen both ways. Also, after I transferred my music video purchases, they were unable to play. Does anyone know what plugins are needed to play m4v files? I'm attempting to convert all my devices to Ubuntu but want to be able to use my favorite features... like watching my music videos on my computer full screen. Any help is appreciated