Thread: Help with server |||| quick!!! ||||

Beans

Exclamation Help with server |||| quick!!! ||||

HEY, I AM TRYING TO BOOT UP UBUNTU ON AN EPIC REALM SERVER BUT WHEN I TRY AND BOOT STRAIGHT TO UBUNTU I HAVE TO FIRST PUT COMMAND EXIT INTO initfram, then it will boot up Ubuntu, but my employer would like to me be able to get it to boot straight to ubuntu off of startup, what do i do

ps: srry about caps i just noticed

Beans

Re: Help with server |||| quick!!! ||||

Quote Originally Posted by gatlin18 View Post
    HEY, I AM TRYING TO BOOT UP UBUNTU ON AN EPIC REALM SERVER BUT WHEN I TRY AND BOOT STRAIGHT TO UBUNTU I HAVE TO FIRST PUT COMMAND EXIT INTO initfram, then it will boot up Ubuntu, but my employer would like to me be able to get it to boot straight to ubuntu off of startup, what do i do

ps: srry about caps i just noticed
    You know, considering that,

1) Your screaming IMMEDIATE ATTENTION! to yourself and your problem, apparently because of an employers request.

2) Your using resources that have been given to you at no charge and at the cost of other peoples time and hard work, so you can make a buck.

3) It a business related request, you should/should have bought/buy the support and get the proper help, not just mooch off of the community. Especially not knowing what your doing and with that attitude!

I am amazed at some peoples arrogance.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by gatlin18 View Post
    What's initfram? (I googled but didn't find anything)

Mathew
    www.NewtonNet.co.uk - Now supporting IPv6!

~ Please don't use PM's to request assistance - post your query on the forum and share the discussion - if you've got a problem chances are you won't be the only one! ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Details of some sort would be needed. What hardware, what software, what version of Ubuntu, what error message exactly and how did it happen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    What's initfram? (I googled but didn't find anything)

Mathew
    probably initramfs or so, a temp filesystem during the first stages of boot, used before the / fs is accessible. The 'exit' is probably exiting the busybox shell you get if the system fails to mount / .

we can now add a 4) to saruji's list:
    4) expecting others to do the effort of giving support while not willing to do the effort of providing accurate information