Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toshiba NB 100 problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Talking Re: Toshiba NB 100 problem

Taks , all is working, I have pass the day to reinstall all my fav program and more.
    All is working, bluetooth too.
    Just a little problem of "random" toggle wireless button : sometimes at start bluetooth and off but wlan on, sometimes they are on together....i must toggle off and toggle on on time too have a good sync of bt and wlan state.
    for resume i think we can optimise hal,acpi script which control it but i have not find how to yet.

And another one, i have resize with gparted live usb my only / for make a SWAP.
    Now I can hibernate but resume don't work !
    I have set in /boot/grub/menu.lst resume=/dev/sda2 at end of kernel line.
    I don't understand why resume on disk doesn't work, if you can help me...

I will help you if you have question if you want..

I go to sleep, it is 1am here and i have exam this afternoon
    My Website : www.atlas95.com !

Beans

Re: Toshiba NB 100 problem

Quote Originally Posted by atlas95 View Post
    Taks , all is working, I have pass the day to reinstall all my fav program and more.
    Just a little problem of "random" toggle wireless button : sometimes at start bluetooth and off but wlan on, sometimes they are on together....i must toggle off and toggle on on time too have a good sync of bt and wlan state.
    for resume i think we can optimise hal,acpi script which control it but i have not find how to yet.

What did you do? Did you install ubuntu 8.04?

Beans
    Distro

I must turn off sound mail notification lol!
    I have install ubuntu network remix based on hardy and add the payson ppa for add toshiba tools

Beans

I am experiencing the same issue, on installing UNR the first time round the atheros wifi card was detected and I could scan for networks. I think I hit the fn-F2 shortcut which I believe is linked to turning on-off wifi. Now I am having some problems detecting the card.

I had read that turning wifi on/off in bios may help restart and will try that when I get home.

Any other suggestions????

Beans
    Distro

I have install install network-manager 0.7 from ppa ~network-manager, this is yet the same problem, i must play wuth toggle wireless button, but the difference with 0.6 is that the nm-applet wireless wlan toggle option doesn't switch on/off, I have install it for have a good support of my 3g usb.

I have see to think too, sometine at start when i do a dmesg just after the fully environement start, i have a segfault of nautilus and bluetooth-applet. :/

Beans

Pleased to reply from my NB100 with 8.04 UNR on wireless. It seems that to get the wireless up and running I have to make sure bluetooth is toggled on. I also install WICD wifi manager which works far better than network-manager and allows connection to protected network.

Beans
    Distro

Could you give me the repository to install wicd? (I have a svn version on my laptop debian the interface in python is very slow but work very good)

Beans

Are you sure that Bluetooth is working, because as much as I check I can not get it working, the Hardy version install all and the driver is loaded but bluetooth is not working at all. On Windows Xp run perfectly.

Beans
    Distro

Yes bluetooth works i'm sure
    I have try somes files transfert, and it only work when the bluetooth applet is display.

Beans

Yes bluetooth works i'm sure
    I have try somes files transfert, and it only work when the bluetooth applet is display.
    Ok, I will reinstall all, wuch version are you using? I mean wich iso are you using ?

Thanks

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast