@quequotion, can you please do the following:
1. Check if the file is in this path and what are permissions on file:
2. Before starting a cpulimit daemon please execute the following command to list if daemon is already started.
ls -l /usr/local/sbin/cpulimit_daemon.sh
3. Please also execute this command to check if some process of cpulimit is already running:
ps -eo pid,args | gawk '/cpulimit_daemon/'
4. Try to manually start a cpulimit daemon:
ps aux | grep cpulimit | grep -v grep
(this will most probably produce the error in your case)
sudo service cpulimit start
5. Now execute the command from step 2 again.
6. Now execute the command from step 3 again.
Please post the output of all 6 steps.
Can you please also post the script from /etc/init.d/cpulimit to see if you made a proper changes.