Thread: No wireless connection recognized... HELP!!!!

Beans

No wireless connection recognized... HELP!!!!

I just installed Linux Ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop, but it looks like it doesn't recognize any wireless connection (while there IS a wireless connection available!).
    When I launch the Network Configuration, and I try to add a new Wireless connection, I set everything up (I put the security key type and its password), but I cannot press OK (the button remains grey).
    What is the problem???

P.S.
    On the Driver Hardware setup, it says that the wireless drivers are all okay and properly installed...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: No wireless connection recognized... HELP!!!!

Did you select your ip? Sorry for the simple question, but i'm working succesfully with wireless.
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define REALITY."

Beans

How can I know what my IP is??
    I mean... In another laptop I have, I just needed to set those 2 options (security type and password) to make the Wireless connction work properly...
    What else do I need to add??????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Sometimes in Ubuntu, the network configurator struggles to get the ip from the router. This leaving you with a invalid ip. If your router is DHCP enabled, this should'nt be a problem.

My advice would be boot into windows. Check the connection information and write down the Default Gateway and ip. Use this in Ubuntu as manual configuration.
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define REALITY."