Thread: Ubuntu ans RD with thin clients

Beans

Ubuntu ans RD with thin clients

Hi I have poseted this before but not received a reply so I am trying again. I am new to ubuntu, currently I have neoware thin clients connecting to a windows machine enabling all my household to have a computer on their tv. The problem with this is it only works with windows server / terminal server, using xp only allows 1 user at any one time. Can this be done on a computer running ubuntu as I would like all users (4) to access this at the same time if required. Many Thanks.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu ans RD with thin clients

try another forum as this one does not seem too interested.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

When you made your initial post, it was 4am on the east coast of the US. It might take a bit longer than one hour to receive a reply.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans

Thanks for your reply, I had originaly posted this 3 days ago so thats why I may have seemed a little dissolussioned with it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=multiple+user

Anyhow still asking the question so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and RD with thin clients

Have now got ubuntu working with tightvnc and can connect multiple users (windows). The machines I would still like to connect are Neoware C50 thin clients, at present I can connect these to 2003 server using RDP5 which is fine except we do not want thin client machines on our server but to use a linux workstation instead. The software on the thin clients is neoware v 3.0 and the protcols available are citrix ica, neoware rdp5, terminal server and teamtalk terminal. Has anybody had any experience with this or could someone recommend another source of info. Thanks.