Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,445 of 1445

Thread: nVidia latest Drivers - How to install

Beans

Re: nVidia latest Drivers - How to install

In Ubuntu 10.1 it automatically asked to download the driver for nvidia card. Min is 9600 gt. It downloaded and installed automatically after I clicked yes for installation.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    I am having a problem installing this driver in Debian Squeeze. I managed to get the repository working and hacked a little to get all the dependencies in Debian, but the installation fails witht he part where it compiles the modules.

I went to var/lib/dkms/nvidia-current/270.18/build to try and compile it manually.

So:
    "sudo make IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 module"

But I get an error that "scripts/basic/Makefile: No such file or directory".

That file shouldn't be there, it's in the root of linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common but not in the /scripts/basic folder. I tried making a symlink to it but that sent the compilation in some sort of infinite loop.

Anyone have any idea?

If you want, I can display the entire error, but I'm having trouble with my tee syntax trying to output the operation to a text file. I've tried "sudo make IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 module && sudo tee output.txt, but the output is not verbose, it only shows me the commands the makefile is trying.
    Oddly, when I run make module from var/lib/dkms/nvidia-current/270.18/build as root, as opposed to running "sudo" it works great and I can proceed to run make install. No dreaded "Makefile.build:44" error.

Rebooted, and the driver is there, works great AFAIK. So what would cause this behavior in Debian Squeeze with kernel-headers-2.6.32-5-common? There have been several bug reports about it but some British bufoon at Debian keeps closing the bugs without addressing them.

Beans

Red face Re: nVidia latest Drivers - How to install

installed ubuntu 12.04, I also have 3 570 gtx nvidia graphic cards (sli) which nvidia driver will I need for my system to recognize all 3 cards
    Last edited by omicron37; July 17th, 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I have a Nvidia geforce 610m(optimus)on my laptop and I have upgraded to kernel 3.5. How do I make sure that my graphics card is detected and is being used by the OS?
    Even if the 'morrow is barren of promises; nothing shall forestall my return

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you have Nvidia Optimus hybrid graphics, I think you should look into Bumblebee which allows graphics switching on Linux.

http://bumblebee-project.org/

Do a search on the forums here you might find existing topics.

Or the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee
    Last edited by Gemnoc; September 11th, 2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added wiki link

Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145