I would really like to be able to setup playlists on my phone. The problem is that I can't install the V-Cast software or access the phones internal memory and they make it incredibly difficult to setup on the phone itself. I'll start with the software.

When I start the install program for the V-Cast Music Manager it asks what phone you have, I select "not on list" as there is only three choices and mine is not one of them. It then tries to connect to the internet to get the info for my phone but a window pops up and says: "there seems to be a problem with your internet connection". I cant seem to figure out how to get past this and there is no info on Wine's AppDB for this program.

Now for accessing the phones memory. The phone stores all the playlists on the phones internal memory. I should be able to modify them if I can get access to them. lsusb comes up with "Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1004:6000 LG Electronics, Inc. VX4400/VX6000 Cellphone" I can access the microSD card just fine, but to setup playlists I need to access the internal memory.

At this point if I can solve either problem I'll be happy. All things being equal I'd rather not use the software as it's windoz and I dont like having to use a company's software just because they say I have to. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd be able to get the playlists setup even if I could access the phone's memory, so I guess its still up to whichever gets solved first.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any more info.