Thread: shutdown crash when synaptic's running and on future startups

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation shutdown crash when synaptic's running and on future startups

I ran firefox and had an issue with flash [choppy video, which i fixed], and simulatniously ran synaptics to add VLC media player and a pulse audio plugin.
    after the files were installed, my laptop [hp tx2510us] suddenly shutdown and i had to wait a few seconds before i could turn it on again.
    after that [and some panic], i turned it on, and after i logged onto xubuntu once again, it immediately crashed - a sudden shudown as before.
    please help me return to xubuntu.

p.s.
    the battery was at appx 60% at the time and it was charging.

i managed to run a vm using vbox today, and was on the verge of totally moving to xubuntu although ive got some unresolved issues, but atm all i can do is ask for help on this one...
    the other problems if i may add, are:
    - ata1 and ata2 softreset device not ready error.
    - system startup and shutdown sounds and well as when using backspace, im getting a pc speaker beep, which is terribly annoying.
    - i havent managed to get the media buttons to work on xubuntu, although they work on vista and even when using the XP VM in virtualbox!!!!11
    [the media buttons that i care for are mute, volume up and down, play/pause, next back and stop, there are others as well, but these are my main concern atm, also assuming i could configure these, the others will follow/be easy to configure as well.
    - i would really like to activate the tablet feature, as well as rotation.
    when i ran wacomcpl as some guides instruct, the gui doesnt reckognize any devices...

thanks, sorry for the long post and hoping to become a permanent penguin,
    Omri.
    Last edited by Omrilicious; July 15th, 2009 at 03:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: shutdown crash when synaptic's running and on future startups

sorry if this is considred spam, but i have to bump it, the laptop wont boot on xubuntu, and im working on vista atm :\

Beans
    Distro

Re: shutdown crash when synaptic's running and on future startups

Problem seems to have occured due to overheating,

but now ive got a new problem with synaptics due to the crash :

E: libgsm1: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libschroedinger-1.0-0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libavcodec52: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libavformat52: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libdvbpsi4: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libdvdread4: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libdvdnav4: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libebml0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libenca0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libfaad0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libid3tag0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libiso9660-5: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: liblua5.1-0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libmatroska0: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libmodplug0c2: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libmpeg2-4: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libpostproc51: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libsdl-image1.2: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libswscale0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libtar: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libtwolame0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libvcdinfo0: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libvlccore0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libvlc2: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libx264-65: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: libass1: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: libdca0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    E: vlc-nox: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: vlc: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

when trying to reinstall VLC