Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Power Management gui

Beans

Re: Power Management gui

that explains why it detects bluetooth for you, I wasn't checking if hciconfig is installed, just wether there was a response from it. Since you don't have it installed it responds that it isn't installed, so the program thinks you have devices. I'll add in a check if you have it installed when I get a chance. I'll look into the brightness control as well.

Beans

ok uploaded new version, it checks if bluez-utils is installed before checking for bluetooth devices.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by iggykoopa View Post
    ok uploaded new version, it checks if bluez-utils is installed before checking for bluetooth devices.
    working as desired!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I was monitoring the disk writes with iotop, and I noticed that gconf, and kjournald use the disk a lot, preventing from spinning down. From gconf I didn't come out with a solution, but with kjournald I figured out that the journal commit should be applied also to the /home partition, now is being only applied to the root partition, as the both partitions are in the same HD, it's pointless setting a higher journal commit to only one partition. Is there anyway to add, maybe a comma, another partition after the root one??

Beans

I can add that in sometime, I was trying to make it as easy to use for beginners as I could so I figured most of them would have the same partition for / and home. Also I noticed the writes with gconf, I could set up something like the firefox launcher with gconf, but it is kinda bad to mess with, all you would lose is configuration settings but it wouldn,t be fun to set all that back up.
    It may be a little bit, I've been hooked on deathnote and I'm getting ready to move to germany. Speaking of that if there are any new features anyone wants let me know in the next two weeks, I'm moving in about a month and after that it'll be two to three months before I'll be able to really work on the gui again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

hey i've right click on the icon and run firefox. Something wasnt quite right appeared on the terminal. Still, Firefox ran normally.

when i close it , i couldnt start firefox anymore. I get the message "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." appears everytime i try run it.
    According gnome-system-monitor, there isnt any firefox processed running in the background.

I've tried reinstalling firefox, but it doesnt help at all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Just for giggles try to sudo killall firefox-bin and see what happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

0 kills..

Beans

not all process's show up in gnome-system-monitor, try
    Code:
    ps aux | grep firefox
    if their really is a copy of firefox running it will show up then. If nothing shows up another thing to try is:
    Code:
    ls ~/.mozilla
    if there is a firefoxbackup folder then try:
    Code:
    rm -R ~/.mozilla/firefox
    mv ~/.mozilla/firefoxbackup ~/.mozilla/firefox
    if that still doesn't work try going into synaptic and when you uninstall firefox mark it for complete removal then install it again. If it happens again the terminal output before it fails would help so I can figure out why it happened.
    The firefox launcher copies your firefox folder to firefoxbackup then copies it to your ramdisk, it removes the firefox folder then symlinks it to the copy in the ramdisk. Then it uses rsync every 5 minutes to sync the backup with the copy in ramdisk.

Beans

Hope this isn't a deceased thread yet, I'd really like to give this GUI/app a try on my M1330 that can take a battery out in 40 minutes.

I followed the instructions and when I attempt to start the program I get nothing.

I type "sudo wattospm.py" and "enter" and then nothing happens.

Best of luck finishing the app, I'm really looking forward to using it.

EDIT: Disregard. I'm an idiot - it launched to the tray (which I've hidden due to using AWN and wanting a clean screen). Thank you for making a great app!!!
    Last edited by Ubun00btu; February 14th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast