Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Management gui

Beans

Re: Power Management gui

to get rid of the old one use alt+f2 then when that pops up type in
    Code:
    killall wattospm.py
    that will get rid of any running copies, then just start it up again. Hopefully I can figure out whats making it lock up soon and fix it. When it locks up though the daemon (what actually changes the settings) will still be working fine, you just won't be able to change settings or get notified when it changes modes.

Beans

Thanks for the help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by iggykoopa View Post
    to get rid of the old one use alt+f2 then when that pops up type in
    Code:
    killall wattospm.py
    that will get rid of any running copies, then just start it up again. Hopefully I can figure out whats making it lock up soon and fix it. When it locks up though the daemon (what actually changes the settings) will still be working fine, you just won't be able to change settings or get notified when it changes modes.
    Just tried to delete it using your method, didnt work. Then I typed that code into a terminal and it said wattospm.py: no process killed.

Beans

it may have been launched as python wattospm.py or something similar, the name needs to match exactly, another way to kill it is.
    Code:
    ps aux | grep wattospm
    you will get output similar to this
    Code:
    root         2  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S<   Dec22   0:00 [kthreadd]
    root         3  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S<   Dec22   0:00 [migration/0]
    the first number is the PID you can use that to kill it, from the terminal
    Code:
    kill (the PID)
    no parenthesis or anything. i.e. kill 2

Beans

I ended up uninstalling the whole program and reinstalling (using the guide on the 1st post). That got rid of the non-working icon and now I have one that actually works and isn't frozen on the screen.

Beans

ok I did find one bug that I fixed, it wasn't saving the ipw wireless information correctly. Even if you didn't enable ipw once you hit ok after making changes it wouldn't allow you to open the config window again. So go grab the latest svn. If you still find it locking up on you let me know, I still don't think I've resolved that issue, but we'll see.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

@iggykoopa

Hey, I was just figuring out, I use this another program emesene to use the msn messenger network, and it uses a lot the disk, like firefox, what steps should I do to do a launcher just like you did for firefox?

Beans

if you want to try to figure it out yourself, around line 500 is the class firelauncher, you'll need to copy that section and modify it. If you want me to look into it I could try to make the launcher code more modular so it is easier to launch other applications as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I just upgraded and had the same issue, unable to lauch the app from the tray icon. I had to uninstall and then reinstall to fix it. Have it back up and running now, but CDrom detect and Interface detect all failed.

Also left click is producing this error:

Code:
    chad@chad-laptop:~/wattospm$ python wattospm.py 
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "wattospm.py", line 670, in on_left_click
        Preferences = advPrefs() 
      File "wattospm.py", line 181, in __init__
        self.readSettings()
      File "wattospm.py", line 258, in readSettings
        self.IPWCombo.set_active(self.ipw_interfaces.index(Config.get("ipw_wifi","interface")))
    ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Manual mode switch does work, but it rolls back to automatic after a few seconds.
    Last edited by chadeldridge; December 24th, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Beans

I'll have to look more into the cdrom autodetection, right now it's using hal find device by capability. It isn't working correct on my mini either, I don't have a cdrom drive and it detects a ton of stuff, like /dev/snd lol. With the interfaces and bluetooth they need to be up for it to detect them, are the interfaces it's not detecting up at the time?

edit: make sure you close wattospm.py and stop the daemon before you upgrade then start them again, the error your getting is the bug I just fixed. It shouldn't be doing it anymore. If it's still doing it maybe I didn't fix it good enough

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast