Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Management gui

Beans

Re: Power Management gui

wow I feel really stupid now, it was late when I uploaded that and forgot to add firelaunch.py to the repository. Well I think when I get home tonight I'm gonna just integrate that code into the gui itself, I don't want to be throwing a ton of files around everywhere. Also I may rename wattospm.py to just wattospm, the .py has kinda been bugging me. Any way sorry about that, I'll fix it tonight.

Beans

ok I think I got everything fixed if you wanna give it another try.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Downloaded and installed .. rebooting now. I just removed my directory although im sure i didn't have to. Wanted to start fresh. I manually checked it out from svn and then did sudo python installer.py install.

OK so its up and running, still no cdrom detect, but userid detect did work fine. Also if you meant it to be in this release i do not see any firefox options in the gui.

Ahh .. i see it now, you put it in the dropdown list for the gui.
    Last edited by chadeldridge; December 19th, 2008 at 10:47 PM.

Beans

yeah I figured it would be used often enough that it would be annoying to have to open the configuration menu to launch firefox. Is it working ok for you?

edit: I'll have to wait a little to check on the cdrom stuff, my wifes on the other laptop and the mini doesn't have a cdrom drive.
    Last edited by iggykoopa; December 20th, 2008 at 04:33 AM.

Beans

added a one time options tab, only thing in it now is interfaces up/down I know felipefoz was asking for this for a while though so here it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by iggykoopa View Post
    added a one time options tab, only thing in it now is interfaces up/down I know felipefoz was asking for this for a while though so here it is.
    Nice, thanks for this feature, it is going to be very useful.
    So, yesterday I was listening to some music, and after a while, the app locked up. I don't know what happened, I needed to kill it and launch it again. Did you experience anything like that?

edit: The computer was idle, i wasn't in front of it while listening to music

Beans

I actually have had that happen to me as well, but I haven't been able to track down what is causing it. I'm looking into it now, if you figure anything out about why it locks up let me know.

Beans

Is this the same updated version that you helped me install in this thread (last couple of posts in the thread).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=995814&page=4

One problem I'm having is sometimes when I click on the icon nothing happens, can't switch modes. No options or nothing. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't. Any ideas?

Beans

you could try running wattospm.py from a terminal instead of hitting alt+f2 and see if it gives you any errors. There is a problem that was just noticed with it lockign up occasionally, that may be whats happening to you, I'm looking into but not sure what is causing it yet. By default it is set on pretty safe options, but you wont get as much powersaving as possible. Go into the configuration screen (left click on the icon) and enable settings that are checked as detected, you'll probably want to google the settings to make sure you know what they do until I get the documentation done for it. a good site which has explanations for most of the options is www.lesswatts.org .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by iggykoopa View Post
    you could try running wattospm.py from a terminal instead of hitting alt+f2 and see if it gives you any errors. There is a problem that was just noticed with it lockign up occasionally, that may be whats happening to you, I'm looking into but not sure what is causing it yet. By default it is set on pretty safe options, but you wont get as much powersaving as possible. Go into the configuration screen (left click on the icon) and enable settings that are checked as detected, you'll probably want to google the settings to make sure you know what they do until I get the documentation done for it. a good site which has explanations for most of the options is www.lesswatts.org .
    No errors when I run wattospm.py in the terminal. It loads another icon, this one in which I can click on and change settings. But I still have the other icon (same as one that just loaded) in my notification area, which when I click nothing happens. Any ideas how to get rid of that icon since I can't right click and get rid of it?

Edit : When I close the terminal the working icon disappears leaving the one that doesn't work.
    Last edited by RookieUbuntuUser58; December 23rd, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast