Thread: Monitor brands that work well with Linux

Beans

Monitor brands that work well with Linux

In the near future I will be buying a new monitor, taking my computer finally into the 21st century with a new flatscreen.
    I intend to keep my current CRT monitor of course as a back up as its still a good monitor and has done me a good service.
    But what brands really do well with linux?
    I heard viewsonic is pretty good and I am more then sure a HP monitor will work too but are there other brands that could work?
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans

Re: Monitor brands that work well with Linux

Acer is cheap and works great. You can get an 22" Acer for a great price at newegg.com.
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have 4 LCD's that work wonderfully with Linux. Two Compaq's, (17/15inch) I-Inc for my main pc, 19 inc wide screen, and an Envision 19 inch wide screen.
    P4HT 3.6ghz/G31T-M motherboard/2 GB DDR2 RAM/nVidia 9600GT 512MB PCI-E/WD5000AAKS 500GB/ST3750528AS 750GB/Ubuntu 10.04/Desktop/Server

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    Acer is cheap and works great. You can get an 22" Acer for a great price at newegg.com.
    Yeh I spotted a few decently priced acers at newegg.
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED