Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HOWTO: MPlayer

Beans

Re: HOWTO: MPlayer

worked great for me, thanks. Only grip is I now have to install Mplayer-mozilla plug in by hand also
    new lease of life:
    366Mhz G3 iBook running Ubuntu Dapper as a webserver to host my blog
    http://kieren.demon.co.uk/wordpress/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RastaMahata
    what? where?
    On the left side of the SPM window change it to status view. You should find a local installed subheading.

Beans

i follow this but I cannot install it =/

Unpacking replacement libdvdcss2 ...
    Setting up libdvdcss2 (1.2.8-0.0) ...

mplayer.sh: line 58: gmplayer: command not found

Beans

What does line 58 of the shell script say?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by wallijonn View Post
    Ackbar,

In your case you may wish to download & install the "all" codecs package instead of the "essential" codecs package. It have what you are looking for.

apoc,
    You'd probably have to do it the hard way and copy the skin to the default folder. I've not had that problem with my skin. Is there a "set to default" button? (I'm on W2KP right now so I can't fire up Ubuntu).
    Hey im having that problem too!!

mencoder says
    Audio format 0x4134504d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try '-oac pcm' instead or use '-fafmttag' to override it.
    when trying to make a chunk of a certain very Hi-Fi video.. im not too sure what thats about...

Yet ive succesfully followed the Install FFmpeg and x264 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS guide (note im on feisty ubuntu 7 64bits but it worked)

i just reinstalled ffmpeg 3 different ways actually, times 1 and 3 like mentionned above, time 2 using option "C" from the Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoders in FFmpeg guide (note: found in Enabling Multimedia in Feisty (HOW-TO) how to enable Medibuntu on Feisty)

anyways after each install everything appeared to work but always that problem with "Audio format 0x4134504d"

How can i make my ffmpeg recognize that codec?

-----------------------
    ive found a workaround for that problem, making the chunk of the video using ffmpeg with this syntax worked:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mpg -ss 00:00:10 -t 00:00:30 out1.mpg
    Last edited by envis; March 29th, 2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: found workaround

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456