Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Education Focus Group: Call for Topics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Education Focus Group: Call for Topics

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    +1 on that , I do not think we disagree.
    I think the tute was perfect for a beginners tute, which was the intended reason. I think it sucks as a tute for someone that knows what they are doing, the problem is intended audience and finding a middle ground.

So for the stated aim, its great...
    Ubuntu Forums Beginners Team
    Compiz Problems? Click here
    You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and and endless supply of expendable labor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thank you Vantrax and bodhi.zazen. I agree that "one knowledge level for all" is inappropriate; one solution is to offer three knowledge defined levels for tutorials;

Beginner - i.e. Exact Syntax, no prior knowledge assumed
    Intermediate - Single Item Task Requests, assume prior syntax knowledge is present
    Advanced - Complex Task Requests - Multiple sequenced syntax strings assumed

Then, for any particular topic, a progression from beginner -> Intermediate -> Advanced would naturally follow.

I certainly don't dismiss the efforts and passion people present on these forums. I am only suggesting ideas that seem sensible (at least) to me. Also, I definitely would like to contribute more, if such opportunities arise

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Awesome

This is why we do not have a minimal knowledge requirement for BT members, a mix of new, intermediate, and advanced users (with a few bots) seems to work well.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516