I have been searching that for some time but always postponed looking hoping I would see a nice and easy solution but I thought I could also ask myself here...
I know, there are some threads like that about 3gp videos, but they were more than innactive or leading to a complex (for me at least) terminal solution.

I don't mind using the terminal sometimes, but when you have to follow 10+ commands + editing files just to play a video file I think is too much...
I am still wondering why there is no support yet for that, propably it's something to do with the licensing I guess (since ubuntu can't include that), but I am more surprised that there is no easy solution out there for such a widely used format (on mobiles) , even if not on universe , just somewhere on the web, as many other apps not included in ubuntu due to licensing problems are...

First I would like to ask if anyone knows any application or a GUI for tools that can convert 3gp files (with sound), or at least some easy and short way to do it in terminal.

Second, is there any way to play them without converting them? Again terminal doesn't hurt as long as it's not lengthy and hard for a medium-new user.

Thanks a lot in advance