Thread: Help!

Beans

Question Help!

I am having a problem.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 off of a 4 GB flash drive, and I am running out of space so I would like to have my firefox downloads folder to be on a network drive. But I can't seem to get it to save in there. I have tried it with DownThemAll and just the normal Firefox preferences window but the network drive doesn't show up in the "Open" window.

Could I mount the network drive in /media?

Beans

Re: Help!

Probably because by default, the network drive (non ext3?) is read only. Do a forum search on mounting NTFS partitions (should be a similar procedure for a network drive), which involves editing fstab (involves changing ro to rw for the particular drive ... if network drives are handled that way). As for FireFox, you could run FF's profile manager (in windows it's firefox -p ... for Linux I'm not sure) then create a new profile on the network drive, then copy your current profile contents over to it.
    Ubuntu 8.10 x64 & XP Pro x64, Intel DP35DP MoBo, 3.0 GHz E8400 C2D, (2x2) GB GSkill DDR2 800 RAM, BFG-NVidia 8800GT video,
    Koutech PCIe NE222 I/O & PESI300 RAID, M-Audio 2496, DLink 10/100 PCI NIC, and Gateway 24" WS.
    > Linux user #: 476579 <