Thread: Odd Shapes appearing?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Odd Shapes appearing?

Well, I just made the upgrade to 9.10 and set up compiz and everything is working perfectly. But, I have a bit of a problem.

Whenever the screen fades (when a password is required for example) these odd shapes appear. Also, when I use the desktop cube with transparency enabled, these same shapes can be seen through the cubes.

I know that's probably not the best explanation, so take a look at the below screenshot:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...7/Image029.jpg

Any way of getting rid of this or changing it at least?

Thanks,
    Euan

Beans

Re: Odd Shapes appearing?

If I'm not mistaken that is the compiz reflection plugin. I've no idea why it does it, but it appears to be the intention of the plugin to make it look like that.

Just open ccsm (assuming you have it installed) and disable the reflection plug in and it should go away

Hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by issih View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that is the compiz reflection plugin. I've no idea why it does it, but it appears to be the intention of the plugin to make it look like that.

Just open ccsm (assuming you have it installed) and disable the reflection plug in and it should go away

Hope that helps
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the fast reply.

EDIT:That worked. Thanks a lot - so simple yet I've been puzzling over it all day lmao

Beans

*shrugs* its always easy when you know how

Glad its sorted out.