Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frets on Fire GLX error!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Frets on Fire GLX error!

I didn't realize there were that many problems with the package. I just assumed it was a dependency/version problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

thats ok...i can see we're kind of stuck here. But thanks for your help anyways, I'm moving back to Ubuntu.
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait! He does!"

My PC: Ubuntu 8.04, 1GB RAM, Intel Core 2 CPU 1.86GHz

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kelinu View Post
    thats ok...i can see we're kind of stuck here. But thanks for your help anyways, I'm moving back to Ubuntu.
    You mean in Ubuntu works without a single problem?

Quoting myself
    If the Ubuntu package works without problems add a comment to https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=392750

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

oh yea i didnt see that, yes in ubuntu it works except the menus lag, when playing the actual song its fine
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait! He does!"

Beans

Well, your "Couldn't find matching GLX visual" problem to me it's clearly a graphic card driver problem. I would need your "glxinfo" output to believe otherwise.

About the game problems. The Ubuntu package seems identical to the openSUSE one, using the Ubuntu package on openSUSE I have the same graphic glitches. So... or you though the graphic glitches were "FX effects", or it's a 64 vs 32 bits problem (I'm on 64) or Ubuntu has some patch on pygame, pyopengl or something... and I'm not really so interested in the game to look in all of them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

no, it cant be graphics card...it worked fine on Ubuntu! my graphics card is a nvidea geforce 7300 LE...its good for fof

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kelinu View Post
    no, it cant be graphics card...it worked fine on Ubuntu! my graphics card is a nvidea geforce 7300 LE...its good for fof
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    your "Couldn't find matching GLX visual" problem to me it's clearly a graphic card driver problem.
    I have a 7600GT, previously a 5200 and the game starts fine. The 1.1.324 version of the game even works without a single problem... latter versions were the ones that started giving problems (Debian/Ubuntu have heavily patched them to have something that works).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12