Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding UF RSS feeds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Original CollegeHumor video about Ubuntu...

Quote Originally Posted by drubin View Post
    Wait till you start pulling all nighters for work/university - Soda just doesn't cut it any more. Coffee pot brewing all night is the only way to go
    That's exactly what I was referring to.

In the late 80's/early 90's, when I was in college:
    coke and mt.dew

In the mid 90's to late 90's, when I was working at a .com:
    coke, mt.dew, jolt (and coffee was what the suits drank, one even commented about it: "guess your morning coke is like my morning coffee")

Since 2000, where I've been working at a university:
    I've noticed a couple fellow geeks turn to coffee/tea/espresso a we've gotten older, but it's more of a "refined palette" and "moving away from soda for health reasons" type thing, than "more caffeine". But, the bulk of geeks I know are still getting caffeine from soda.

That goes for morning caffeine jolt, or all-nighter caffeine.

(the "22 years of geekdom" wasn't "since I've been alive 22 years", but "since I arrived at college, and realized my true place in the universe" ... I'm 40, and while I've always been a geek, I didn't really start to move past math/gaming type geekdom until I arrived at college, started my formal CS education, and had access to the 'net)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
    Yup. I even disagreed with part of it, about the correlation between Geeks and Coffee. If it had said "geek and caffeine", I would agree entirely. But, in my 22 years of geekdom*, the correlation between geeks and coffee has been rather low. But the correlation between geeks and caffeinated soda is INCREDIBLY high.
    I assumed that meant you were 22 years old.... :s

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I wondered, as I wrote that, if that was going to be how it got read, but decided not to over-analyze it. Guess I should have re-worded it :-}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12