Thread: Ubuntu 8.10 discrepancy

Beans

Ubuntu 8.10 discrepancy

Hi Everyone ,

Few days back I posted THIS thread . Unfortunately I couldn't find solution to my problem

I have typed sudo fisk -l (ie sudo fdisk - L) . Strangely enough terminal was not sowing any partition .

I tried using Partition editor in System-->Administration-->Partition editor , It also didn't detect any device.

Last night in my desperate attempt to install Ubuntu . I tried installing uBuntu 7.04 and it worked .Gpart was showing all partitions . P.E had all choices

Now my query is that how should i install ubuntu 8.10 . Either I should first install ubuntu 8.04 and then upgrade over it

or
    should i give Ununtu 8.10 cd one more try . (I have already downloaded the Image twice and check disk returns no error of any sort]

One more thing will android Sdk work fine with ubuntu 7.04

Thanks for ur time .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Ubuntu 8.10 discrepancy

you could just try

Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    until you get to 8.10....
    Neo Tokyo Skies Prologue

A prologue release of the MMORPG Neo Tokyo skies...

Beans

Correct me if I'm wrong .Isn't support for 7.04 has finished ? . Is it possible to upgrade a distro to latest version when support for old distro is no longer provided .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek_12 View Post
    Hi Everyone ,

Few days back I posted THIS thread . Unfortunately I couldn't find solution to my problem

I have typed sudo fisk -l (ie sudo fdisk - L) . Strangely enough terminal was not sowing any partition .

I tried using Partition editor in System-->Administration-->Partition editor , It also didn't detect any device.

Last night in my desperate attempt to install Ubuntu . I tried installing uBuntu 7.04 and it worked .Gpart was showing all partitions . P.E had all choices

Now my query is that how should i install ubuntu 8.10 . Either I should first install ubuntu 8.04 and then upgrade over it

or
    should i give Ununtu 8.10 cd one more try . (I have already downloaded the Image twice and check disk returns no error of any sort]

One more thing will android Sdk work fine with ubuntu 7.04

Thanks for ur time .
    Hi and it may be possible to upgrade by using the alternate cd. Any reason why you are not wanting to us Hardy 8.04? As it is long term support LTS

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek_12 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong .Isn't support for 7.04 has finished ? . Is it possible to upgrade a distro to latest version when support for old distro is no longer provided .
    Hi and it is possible but not recommended.

Beans

I'm currently working on an android application . 8.10 suits my need perfectly because of its new connectivity features .

Thanks for your time . I'll see to how should i proceed furthur.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

See this: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/rele...ve%20CD%20mode

This is a bit of a poor show for a LiveCD.

I think you should be able to install if you select Install from the boot menu (rather than Try without installing).

Otherwise, delete the Partition Magic partitions, and try using the "Guided - Use largest free space" option.