Thread: updates trash my system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

updates trash my system

why can`t you test your updates before you trash everyones systems . really this is getting old.test then post. every time I update your updates break my system

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Re: updates trash my system

They are tested though. That is was the "Proposed" repository is for.
    What exactly happened?
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

a little help needed

what update and what did it break? try to be specific, else it will be very difficult for anyone to be able to assist.

no issues here with either hardy or intrepid
    'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin

Registered Linux User#407002 / Registered Ubuntu User#1806

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

now that you mention it just about everything that matters ? I cannot understand a upgrade that will not allow you to have dual head display. I know you are going to tell me I don`t know how to config my xorg. but if I down grade to ubuntu 7 my pc can have 2 heads one mouse and it can do all the things ubuntu 8 says I can`t do ? the latest upgrade in ubuntu 8 won`t let me shut down in a normal manner I go shut down and the pannel hides .Thats right shut down now is a reboot and then when log in starts I choose the options and finally log out. And whats with the jerky scrolling action no other linux distro has this problem . this is a long rant but you did ask. I want to use ubuntu on this pc but must down grade .