Thread: Touchpad "Touchy" Problem

Beans

Touchpad "Touchy" Problem

I've read tons of posts concerning the Touchpad on the MacBook but haven't found a problem such as mine. If I am moving the cursor up or down by running my finger up or down in the middle of the pad on a web site or anywhere, just the desktop even, the text will become highlighted or a program will open or an item will be moved. It's as if I'm left-clicking to highlight text or holding down to move something or even right-clicking to open something. I'm using Ubuntu 8.1. Can someone help?

Beans

Re: Touchpad "Touchy" Problem

I think I'm having a problem similar to yours. If you run `xinput list-props appletouch` in a terminal you can see a lot of options to tweak. If anyone out there can explain what all these different properties do I would appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

First, just a nit-pick, there is no Ubuntu 8.1... There is an Ubuntu 8.10 though.

Please check the information in the "Before You Post" link in my signature to find the proper documentation for your Mac.

Beans

First, the word is "nitpick" not "nit-pick".

But thanks. I will follow up with making the changes per the documentation.

Beans

I followed the MacBook_Santa_Rosa Documentation for fixing the Touchbad by adding to the xorg.conf file. But that didn't help. Again, when I move the cursor on the desktop it's as if I'm left-clicking to drag something and then releases on it's own.
    Last edited by clucas; November 17th, 2008 at 07:19 PM.

Beans

Found the solution.

I went to System...Preferences...Mouse...Touchpad tab...and unchecked the "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad". Works like a charm!