Thread: multiple wireless lans

Beans

multiple wireless lans

i have a laptop with a built in wireless lan, and i also have another usb one, they both work fine driver wise

i usually use the built in to connect to my home network, and the ubuntu's wireless software automatically connect with my stored WPA key,
    the problem is that when i connect the 2nd usb wireless adapter, it also autoamtically connects to my home network useing the same configuration

i want to be able to control that, i want that wireless software to control only one card, and leave the other so that i can use it normally, maybe with other lans,

and if i use it to connect to a differnt wireless lan, how will i be able to change the "default gateway" for my pc, so that i can be able to choose which network of the 2 do i want to use internet from, and keep the other for lan only
    (network1 192.168.2.* and network2 192.168.5.*)

edit:
    also is there some better wireless client software outthere that is better than the one built in ubuntu that could deal with my sitiuation a little better ? , i saw something called "wlanassistant" in other linuxes , is that anygood ? and how to get it ?

thnkx
    Last edited by hmhef; November 13th, 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added a question about wireless client software

Beans

Re: multiple wireless lans

bump

i woul aprreciate it if u can guide me to what is the names of the tools that can help

Beans

why not just use the ubuntu network manager instead of whatever software you are using

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by superprash2003 View Post
    why not just use the ubuntu network manager instead of whatever software you are using
    i am actually currently using the software that came with ubuntu to connects to wireless lans

and there were the problem occurs, of connecting to netowrks autmatically whever i connect a differnt network usb adapter (since it already has the wpa key saved