Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing on HP Mini 1000

Beans

Re: Installing on HP Mini 1000

Flash to the latest bios, then unetbootin works, with 8.10, after running chkdisk in windows first. Otherwise it does not report the doze partion size correct and you you cannot shrink it.

Have not checked every piece of HW, but it all seems to "just work".

Beans

what about the fan?

it never stops!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eloyhc View Post
    what about the fan?

it never stops!
    I can hardly even hear it. You must be in an absolutely silent room to have it bother you. Mine runs most of the time, if not all of the time also though.

Beans

Has anybody figured out why the screensaver goes just to a black screen and doesn't actually start up?

Beans

I have the hp 1000 and I installed 8.04 but now the wifi driver is not present, how do I fix this? Should I install 8.10 would that be the easy way to fix this problem, or do I need to install a driver for the hp mini 1000? Thanks

Beans

I have a hp mini 1000, and I just installed ubuntu 8.04, but now the wireless feature is not working. How do I fix this problem, should I just install the 8.10, do you think this will fix my problem?

Thanks

Beans

hi, i just bought an hp mini 1033cl, and i would love to install ubuntu 8.10 on it. everytime i try to install it through unetbootin, the installer wont detect my hard drive, and i can't resize the partition on windows. i'm a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff, so a step by step tutorial would be awesome.. i.e. how to flash bios? run chkdsk? i'm a noob -__-

thanks for any and all help

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bigav View Post
    I have a hp mini 1000, and I just installed ubuntu 8.04, but now the wireless feature is not working. How do I fix this problem, should I just install the 8.10, do you think this will fix my problem?

Thanks
    Well, I haven't installed 8.04 but I know for sure that 8.10 has wireless that works without any extra drivers or anything needed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darylkris View Post
    hi, i just bought an hp mini 1033cl, and i would love to install ubuntu 8.10 on it. everytime i try to install it through unetbootin, the installer wont detect my hard drive, and i can't resize the partition on windows. i'm a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff, so a step by step tutorial would be awesome.. i.e. how to flash bios? run chkdsk? i'm a noob -__-

thanks for any and all help
    You can check my earlier post, I have covered this problem. I found that unetbootin didn't work for me. What you need to do is download the 8.10 distro and create a livecd. Then, run the livecd and create a bootable usb drive. Follow my instructions for running chkdsk and then you will have the option to resize during the install.

Beans

Also, I'm having trouble connecting to the WPA2 AES enterprise connection at work. It just freezes when it tries to connect. Has anybody else had this problem. All other connections (WEP, WPA2) have worked fine but this one seems to freeze the entire system. If anyone can confirm this issue it would be helpful.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast