Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: setup all 12 buttons on your mx1000

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: setup all 12 buttons on your mx1000

worked!!! thanx... maybee you should rename the title of the wiki... was not shure if i should try it with my logitech click plus mouse. phil

Beans

I have a Mx 700, but does this guido also work for that one? Caus i'd like to active my back/forward buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by tempo500
    worked!!! thanx... maybee you should rename the title of the wiki... was not shure if i should try it with my logitech click plus mouse. phil
    Great to hear. The procedure should be very similar for other mice. The only thing that could be unique is the line that maps buttons 6 and 7 correctly. Without that line the Horizontal Scroll is backwards. I'll see if I can write something more general and then people may be able to post the individual quirks for each mouse if there are any. Thanks for the idea. Did you have to make any modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by bekok
    I have a Mx 700, but does this guido also work for that one? Caus i'd like to active my back/forward buttons
    Here are the basic steps you should follow, if this doesn't work it's as simple as restoring your /etc/X11/Xorg.conf. You might want to look through the mx1000 tutorial too to see the basic steps:

1. First we need to get the "Name" for your mouse:
    Code:
    cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    Mine shows up as:
    Code:
    I: Bus=0003 Vendor=046d Product=c50e Version=2500
    N: Name="Logitech USB Receiver"
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1d.2-1/input0
    S: Sysfs=/class/input/input2
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event2 ts0
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=ffff0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=143
    Mine was "Logitech USB Receiver" as you can see.

2. Now modify your Xorg.conf (make a backup first), remove the "Configured Mouse" section (see the wiki) and replace it with:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "Logitech MX1000"
            Driver          "evdev"
            Option          "Name"          "Logitech USB Receiver"
    EndSection
    You should replace "Logitech USB Reciever" with whatever you got. Notice I left out the HWHEEL line since we aren't sure you need it.

3. Read the wiki part about setting the CorePointer in the ServerLayout section
    4. Ok now restart X with ctrl+alt+backspace
    5. See what works on your mouse and what doesn't
    6. Run xev in a terminal and press the buttons that are giving you trouble.
    -If something is switched you can either use a line similar to HWHEEL I used (see man evdev or ask here) or you can use xmodmap
    -if something isn't happening, like back and forward don't work but they generate buttons 8 and 9 for example, than you can use an xbindkeys like I did.

If we have good results with this I'll definitely clean this up and put something on the wiki so everyone can post up their xorg.conf section and xbindkerys/xmodmaps for their mouse on the wiki. Wouldn't be hard to write a nice little script either...

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Hello,

thanks for the tip about the "name", I was having problems with the device changing, and the udev rules working for me but not for xorg ... now it works flawlessly (or it seems) thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by geearf
    Hello,

thanks for the tip about the "name", I was having problems with the device changing, and the udev rules working for me but not for xorg ... now it works flawlessly (or it seems) thanks.
    Yeah, man evdev is what clued me in on that. It seems to happen with the adoption of udev that the event#'s don't stay constant after reboots and such. I was writing udev rules that matched the Name to give the mouse a consistent event# but I realized that that was the same as just having X match the name directly.

The only problem I see with it is if someone has a Logitech mouse and keyboard that give the same Name. Not really sure how X will handle that scenario...

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

I guess yes, with a pack it might failed, but I don't have one of those, so I'm ok

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

by the way, I'm still using it on an ps/2 input, not USB.

Also do you think it would be possible to get a higher speed for b10 and b11? cause it's still quite slow ...

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Jason, do you know if Logitech keyboard dinovo Laser (bluetooth 2.0)
    works as well as MX1000 in Linux?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I've got my buttons setup, now could someone please tell how to bind one of my side buttons to a keyboard key for example: Insert, Delete etc.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

@Hypoxiacion : look at the xbindkeys thing at the end of the wiki, that should do it.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast