Thread: [SOLVED] Need Help with HP Tx2000 and Hardy !

Beans

Exclamation [SOLVED] Need Help with HP Tx2000 and Hardy !

UPDATE: After an update, the wacom stopped working and so did my nvidia graphics again. This time, that xorg.txt I downloaded doesn't do anything to help either. I'm confused...I don't want to have to keep using Vista...

I know there are several posts on this particular computer, but I haven't found anything that actually addresses the problem I'm having right now.

I am very new to ubuntu and thanks to all the helpful tutorials, I recently had everything except my tablet working on my machine. However, when I was trying a tutorial to make wacom work I must have made a bad mistake and now my nvidia drivers won't work. I have all the necessary downloads, I think, but when I try to enable the drivers, after I reboot, my computer starts in low graphics mode and it stays that way until I disable nvidia. Can anyone help me? What do I need to do?
    Last edited by Azyala; December 5th, 2008 at 08:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Need Help with HP Tx2000 and Hardy !

Okay.. first of all, are you sure you have the tx2000? (check the model number on the bottom...) if you do, you can go to this post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...47&postcount=5
    and download the xorg.conf at the bottom.
    Then open up your own xorg.conf (at /etxc/X11/xorg.conf) and replace all the text with the one you downloaded. Save it then restart and everything should work. Only do this if you are for sure you have a tx2000 series!
    If you have a tx2500 series, it will only make matters worse. Most importantly, before doing any of this, backup your xorg.conf!
    Kory

Beans

Thank you. Yes I'm sure I have the tx2000. A few hours ago I was able to get my nvidia graphics working again after some fiddling, but I might still use that xorg.conf at the bottom if it will also get the wacom working.

I do have a question though, how do I backup my xorg.conf?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Basically the easiest way would be to just navigate to the folder /etc/X11 in the file manager and copy and paste it somewhere safe.
    in the command line just do:
    cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf ~/xorg.conf~

that copies it to your home folder as the file xorg.conf~...
    If it messes up and you have to replace it back just run:
    sudo cp /home/yourusername/xorg.conf~ /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    and that will replace the new one with the backup.
    As long as you have nvdia enabled and you have a tx2000, that xorg.conf should work perfect..
    Kory

Beans

Talking Re: Need Help with HP Tx2000 and Hardy !

Thank you so much, now everything works. I am so excited!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Glad its working!...
    If you feel this thread is solved, could you mark it as so? Just go to thread tools then click "mark as solved"
    Kory