Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Printer Help Please

Beans

Re: Printer Help Please

Thanks Kellamora for your continued help.

'PETER-LAPTOP' is the unit I am trying to connect to the printers from.

The network I am trying to connect through is the //MSHOME/HOME-########## and I have tried to connect through smb://MSHOME/HOME-##########/OKIB4100 in settings (I can even browse through to it using 'windows share via samba'). However, it still won't print.

If I now run smbtree I get the same output as before.

Running SMB4K - I can see the printers on the network and the correct IP address but when I try to print from here by double clicking on the printer and selecting a pdf file to print I get a similar message to the smbtree output including that strange IP address. However, using SMB4K I can access the shared documents folder on the XP machine. It all very strange!

Any further help greatly appreciated

Beans

Sussed it!

Using the IP address shown (not the IP I had set myself?) in SMB4K and the name of the printers in XP for sharing I typed the following in URI:

smb://###.###.###.###/OKIB4100

et voila! it worked. I repeated for the colour printer and again worked first time!

Thanks to all that have helped - I appreciated the time spent to assist me. Now how do I marked this thread as solved?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi PJTB

Glad you got it working!

To mark a thread solved, in RED at the top is a drop down titled THREAD TOOLS, at the bottom of this drop down listing is the words Mark Thread Solved or just Marked Solved, don't remember which.
    You cannot see this IF you are not the author of the thread you are in at the time, which is why I can't give you the exact wording right now.

And You are Welcome my friend!

TTUL
    Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12