Thread: Ubuntu Does Not Complete its Installation Verify

Beans

Ubuntu Does Not Complete its Installation Verify

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 on a computer that's already running Windows Vista. I used the Wubi installer and it seemed to go through the installation fine (using the desktop, amd64 iso file). After rebooting, I get the dual boot option. However, on Ubuntu start-up, I get a display with the message stating Verifying Installation Files. It seems to go through some verification, but then it gets stuck. I see a bunch of lines with the words "ubuntu ubiquity" with hexadecimal values and regular words. The last hexadecimal values to appear are: 7f2698c50d8e, 7f2698fca815; the last regular word is "_target".

If I quit out of the verification, I am able to get onto the desktop area, but a message appears stating a parted_server crash occured. Also, my wireless connection doesn't work, but I suspect I need to install a driver. Thank you in advance for your help and efforts!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Does Not Complete its Installation Verify

I have the same problem. I try to install wubi with no connection and its work. at the verify of the sistem (with the ubuntu GUI) the loading bar stay at 0%....

I try that installation on a old laptop from 1993:" IBM Thinkpad x86 model " with 130,544KB of RAM with USB (no connection). I had to install the "normal" ubuntu distro because don not exist a xubuntu wubi distro for offline mode.

I hope someone help us! i want to resume this fantastic laptop!

thanx

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Does Not Complete its Installation Verify

Thanks th3blind! At least we've established a pattern of issues...I hope you are able to use your laptop somehow until we find a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by th3blind View Post
    I have the same problem. I try to install wubi with no connection and its work. at the verify of the sistem (with the ubuntu GUI) the loading bar stay at 0%....

I try that installation on a old laptop from 1993:" IBM Thinkpad x86 model " with 130,544KB of RAM with USB (no connection). I had to install the "normal" ubuntu distro because don not exist a xubuntu wubi distro for offline mode.

I hope someone help us! i want to resume this fantastic laptop!

thanx