Thread: Record 2 channels at once with HDHomeRun?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Record 2 channels at once with HDHomeRun?

I have a Myth set up which has been working well for me with one small problem, when I attempt to record four shows at the same time, the fourth show appears as a conflict in the upcoming recordings.

I have four tuners, two Dvico USB Gold tuners and an HDHomeRun. When I go to Information Center > System Status > Tuner Status, it shows that I have four tuners. In the upcoming recordings screen, the successful recordings show that they use tuners 1-3. Since the Dvico tuners are tuners 1 and 2, I wonder why I'm not able to record two shows at once on the HDHomeRun.

Does anyone know how to get my HDHomeRun to record two shows at once?

Thanks,
    Todd

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Record 2 channels at once with HDHomeRun?

Maybe you have your input groups somehow setup to disallow your second HD homerun tuner from working at the same time as the other tuner. What are your input group settings?

Also, are you able to use your 4th tuner at all (what happens when you specify that a recording use the 4th tuner when the other tuners are idle?)
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by toddk111 View Post
    I have a Myth set up which has been working well for me with one small problem, when I attempt to record four shows at the same time, the fourth show appears as a conflict in the upcoming recordings.

I have four tuners, two Dvico USB Gold tuners and an HDHomeRun. When I go to Information Center > System Status > Tuner Status, it shows that I have four tuners. In the upcoming recordings screen, the successful recordings show that they use tuners 1-3. Since the Dvico tuners are tuners 1 and 2, I wonder why I'm not able to record two shows at once on the HDHomeRun.

Does anyone know how to get my HDHomeRun to record two shows at once?

Thanks,
    Todd
    Even with the conflict does the show record? I have seen this as well, many of my shows show conflict but record anyways because it polls the tuner to check if it is active or not before skipping the recording due to a conflict.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

When it shows the conflict, it does not record. Also, when I attempt a test recording (without doing other recordings at the same time) and specify tuner 4 as the preferred tuner, it just ends up using tuner 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Do you have the recording source set for the second tuner for the HDhomerun?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by novellahub View Post
    Do you have the recording source set for the second tuner for the HDhomerun?
    Yes, it is the same as the other tuners. Do you have any other ideas of where I can look for a possible problem?
    Thanks,
    Todd

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

1. Check the cables. Maybe you have a bad cable on Tuner 1.
    2. Delete all tuners on the Master Backend, then re-add them and assign back the input connnections. Then test the tuners via live TV. You can change inputs via live TV by pressing the "M" key and then navigating to another tuner.
    3. If all else fails, look for clues on:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php...dust_HDHomeRun