I'm trying to get my laptop to connect to my campus wifi network. I've had limited success in being able to see the hidden network, but with XSupplicant I have been unable to get WEP and PEAP working properly.

The school is currently moving, for it's Linux users (which are not many) to as they said a "freeware" way. They tell me to install and configure WPA_Supplicant, then install wicd network manager. I've done both, save that I can't get supplicant working properly.

I'm fairly sure that wicd can handle the PEAP and any of the authentication needed, but the whole WEP encryption has me lost.

They have the network hidden, and under wicd I have been able to see it, but again, I haven't been able to get XSupplicant or WPA_Supplicant configured properly. Cause every time I try to connect I get an unable to connect message.

Can anyone help me out by pointing me to a good tutorial or listing how I should have the conf file set up or if I need to rebuild it and the best way.

I know I'm asking a lot, but really this isn't my strongest area. I appreciate any help you can give me.

- Sparkfist