Thread: Amazon videos stopped working in chrome (I did install HAL) works in firefox

Beans

Amazon videos stopped working in chrome (I did install HAL) works in firefox

Hey guys I have amazon prime membership , and I watch amazon instant videos, on ubuntu 12.10 , a few months ago amazon instant videos didnt work and I installed "hal" and it worked fine in chrome.

since last week it only works in firefox and not in chrome, I re-installed hal but still no help .
    the progress bar goes but it shows black screen video with no sound.

my chrome version is Version 20.0.1132.57
    my ubuntu 12.10 is 64 bit

any idea?
    I am from Kurdistan and I use Kurdish Ubuntu , check out my blog about ubuntu - Shevin

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Amazon videos stopped working in chrome (I did install HAL) works in firefox

I've had similar experiences with several versions of Chrome with the Bloomberg Live TV feed in both Windows and Linux- Version 21.0.1180.15 beta on my Lubuntu installation, older stable versions on other systems.

Chrome fails to display the video sometimes and always refuses to activate the resizeable pop out box. Works fine in FireFox and in Opera on one of my machines. I think Chrome is having a rendering problem.
    Last edited by I2k4; July 16th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    New to Linux. Currently dual boot Lubuntu 10.10 with W7 on Acer One netbook. Experimenting with Mint 15 XFCE on netbook and a Dell laptop with peripherals (Persistent 8GB Live USB.)

Beans

Re: Amazon videos stopped working in chrome (I did install HAL) works in firefox

no fix ?
    I am from Kurdistan and I use Kurdish Ubuntu , check out my blog about ubuntu - Shevin

Beans

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

should I be bugging google or is this a plugin issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It would seem that chrome is using a "built in" Flash and that is what broke. chromium uses the systems flash and like firefox plays amazon prime videos but seems to choke on html5 video.
    None of this fixes the problem but, at least I am narrowing down what is broke.