Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Random Computer Story in my School.

Beans

Re: My Random Computer Story in my School.

Quote Originally Posted by niccholaspage View Post
    I know... I wonder what would happen if Ubuntu was running on the machines... I think it would be way better than the crap we have now.
    Doubtful. Stupidity will cause problems anywhere.
    And then comes Vista's security... I disabled UAC (User Account Control) and even with a antivirus program installed, Vista got a virus that disabled my Antivirus program.
    An antivirus program is about as useful as a bulletproof vest after you've been shot. Use a firewall and common sense.

Beans

I said less GUIS (Also Wizards). Using a GUI doesn't make you dumb. I have been using a GUI since I started with any OS. And it doesn't mean I am dumb with CLI.
    Which is proving my point. I don't mean to come across harsh, I just see way too many linux users (mostly Ubuntu, no offense) who think becase they can bust out a few processes in a terminal think they know anything about how a computer actually works, or software for that matter.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by PurposeOfReason View Post
    Which is proving my point. I don't mean to come across harsh, I just see way too many linux users (mostly Ubuntu, no offense) who think becase they can bust out a few processes in a terminal think they know anything about how a computer actually works, or software for that matter.
    It's easy to see if they actually know everything, ask em this:

Explain the difference between the measurement of speed between a Parallel and Serial device. Take into account the Units.

You'd be surprised how many, even intermediate, computer users don't know that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    It's easy to see if they actually know everything, ask em this:

Explain the difference between the measurement of speed between a Parallel and Serial device. Take into account the Units.

You'd be surprised how many, even intermediate, computer users don't know that.
    Serial is bit-by-bit. Parellel is a whole group of bits in an giver array, so to say, at one time. Don't know how I remember that, haven't used either since the late 90s. Which is why I guess most people forgot it?

Beans
    Hidden!

Serial is bit-by-bit. Parellel is a whole group of bits in an giver array, so to say, at one time. Don't know how I remember that, haven't used either since the late 90s. Which is why I guess most people forgot it?
    Aye, Serial is measured in bits and Parallel is measured in bytes. The intarweb is measured in bits because it is a serial system. We just download in measured bytes (not accurate).

Though, ask em that, or how RAM stages work (extended, expanded, upper, etc.) and you'll get a fairly accurate response.

Beans

Aye, Serial is measured in bits and Parallel is measured in bytes. The intarweb is measured in bits because it is a serial system. We just download in measured bytes (not accurate).

Though, ask em that, or how RAM stages work (extended, expanded, upper, etc.) and you'll get a fairly accurate response.
    I'm not sure where this is going so to keep the thread on track, there is nothing wrong with a GUI or wizard. Many of the greatest users and programmers use the most "avanced" programs to do their means.

Also, I forgot to say, congrats on getting the shutdown job. I only got to use one computer a week at my elementary.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm not sure where this is going so to keep the thread on track, there is nothing wrong with a GUI or wizard. Many of the greatest users and programmers use the most "avanced" programs to do their means.

Also, I forgot to say, congrats on getting the shutdown job. I only got to use one computer a week at my elementary.
    I was suggesting Niccholaspage to ask that to his teacher. I am very bad at indirectly suggesting things.

The first part to making someone trust you is to convince them that you know enough to do the job, even if convincing them of something has nothing to do with the actual task at hand.

Beans

removing the face plates of the computers.
    I'm forever repairing them things at school, why do people always smash them off, it's most annoying.

Beans

I was suggesting Niccholaspage to ask that to his teacher. I am very bad at indirectly suggesting things.

The first part to making someone trust you is to convince them that you know enough to do the job, even if convincing them of something has nothing to do with the actual task at hand.
    I'll rememeber that in ~2 years when I'm out of college looking for a job. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Re: My Random Computer Story in my School.

I know. I see a lot of users doing this.
    Never mind.Kept screwing up XFCE.XD
    http://www.crashie.com will crash an IE install.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast