Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Jan 18 10:51:07 ###-###-###-##-my-domain postfix/smtpd[14461]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from commando.sender.com[###.###.##.##]: 554 <me@mydomain.com>: Relay access denied; from=<me@otherdomain.org> to=<me@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.isp.com>

What can I do to resolve this? Im sending from an offsite account. I also tried the telnet and I get the same thing. It puts it in que then it doesnt go anywhere.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wannabelinuxconvert
    Is it possible to use this kind of setup with a dynamic ip address using something like dyndns.org !?

I read a similar article that did accomodate this, but it was using ArchLinux

http://www.hypexr.org/linux_mail_server.php

Thanks

Mic
    yes, thats no problem. Just make sure all your mx setting is directed to your dydns.org address.

ps. If you plan to backup other peoples mxs, ie act as a back up spool, then you need to manually or write a script to update the proxy_interface ip address every time you ip changes
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vtec
    A while back i set up a simple mail server, and did not use mySQL. Could someone tell me what is stored in the database they are setting up and why its a better to use then not??
    Using local users is fine, however using a database is more flexible, as you can unlimited domains and users. and users can be the same or different on different domains.

The db stores domain, email addresses alias and users log in addresses.
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lreyes6
    I was having the same problem of the double // and i fix it taking out the last / from the field 'home' in the users table... now i can login but this error come's out now

I think is a permission problem but where? any ideas?
    thanks
    Yes, the double slash is actually a bug, which can either be fixed by moding the line in couriers authmysql file or removing it from the db. I keep in it as it doesnt affect the system.
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker777
    Jan 18 10:51:07 ###-###-###-##-my-domain postfix/smtpd[14461]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from commando.sender.com[###.###.##.##]: 554 <me@mydomain.com>: Relay access denied; from=<me@otherdomain.org> to=<me@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp.isp.com>

What can I do to resolve this? Im sending from an offsite account. I also tried the telnet and I get the same thing. It puts it in que then it doesnt go anywhere.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Either:
    commando.sender.com do not pass the helo restrictions
    or me@otherdomain.org do not pass the sender restrictions
    or me@mydomain do not pass the recipient restricitions.
    Or something else..

most likely is mydomain.com is not in your domain list, or me@mydomain.com is not in you alias list.
    Another issue is if the interface setting in main.cf is set properly?
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cdean
    I, too, am getting this same error. I've gone over the configs probably three times now and can't figure it out. I'm about 12 hours away from removing all the packages and configs and redoing it all from scratch.
    what is your forward method details in the amavis conf
    and what is your amavis settings in master.cf and the content_filter in main.cf ?
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

I rechecked and rechecked, everything was there lol. I then copied and pasted in the order that you had everything into my main.cf and it worked. Didnt find a spelling error before but it works now so either I had a spelling error or the order of things listed is very important.
    Thanks again, have 3 running now based off your how-tos. 2 Breezy one hoary.
    Laterz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I'm having an issue authenticating outgoing email. Everything else seems to be working, but SASL cannot authenticate against the database. Nothing was showing up in the logs I was tailing until I noticed the following lines hidden in "auth.log".

Jan 19 15:41:50 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26275]: SQL engine 'mysql ' not supported
    Jan 19 15:41:50 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26275]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
    Jan 19 15:41:50 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26275]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: sql
    In "mail.log" I get the following message:

Jan 19 15:43:42 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26297]: TLS connection established from unknown[192.168.100.181]: SSLv3 with cipher RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
    Jan 19 15:43:45 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26297]: warning: unknown[192.168.100.181]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Jan 19 15:43:48 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26297]: warning: unknown[192.168.100.181]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Jan 19 15:43:48 ns2 postfix/smtpd[26297]: disconnect from unknown[192.168.100.181]

This is on a brand new install of Breezy. Any ideas how to get this plugin to work? I have installed every package listed on this howto.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Nevermind, I should always heed warnings about trailing spaces . . .

Sorry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i need help:
    for some reason whenever i run Evolution as root@localhost it comes up with an error. and says authentication failed.
    how do i set the password?im trying to login through imap if it helps
    "If you are savvy and smart about the choices you make in life, The sky is not the limit!" - Mark Shuttleworth
    This message has been rot 26 encrypted for security reasons.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast