Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Alright, I've followed this howto through however in the mail.log I keep getting the following error popping up whenever I try to send anything, and obviously the mail never sees the light of day again...

Code:
    Dec 22 09:25:37 localhost master[13348]: fatal: master_spawn: exec /usr/lib/postfix/2: No such file or directory
    Dec 22 09:25:38 localhost postfix/master[13324]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/2 pid 13348 exit status 1
    Dec 22 09:25:38 localhost postfix/master[13324]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/2: bad command startup -- throttling
    For the life of me I can't figure out why it's trying to run /usr/lib/postfix/2, there's a number of other executables in there but no 2, and search as I may I can't even find references to anything like this. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Cool Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by strag
    Alright, I've followed this howto through however in the mail.log I keep getting the following error popping up whenever I try to send anything, and obviously the mail never sees the light of day again...

Code:
    Dec 22 09:25:37 localhost master[13348]: fatal: master_spawn: exec /usr/lib/postfix/2: No such file or directory
    Dec 22 09:25:38 localhost postfix/master[13324]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/2 pid 13348 exit status 1
    Dec 22 09:25:38 localhost postfix/master[13324]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/2: bad command startup -- throttling
    For the life of me I can't figure out why it's trying to run /usr/lib/postfix/2, there's a number of other executables in there but no 2, and search as I may I can't even find references to anything like this. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    I bet a line your master.cf startes with 2 ?

Remember if a property spans many lines the additional lines must be prefixed with tabs or spaces.
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Talking Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    Thanks for making me look at my .cf files one last time. I didn't notice the error until I was pasting it into this message.
    -rabid
    Thats the way it works.
    Often I bang my head against the screen for hours, but as soon as I ask a collegue for input, the process of describing the problem often makes it obvious to myself what is wrong.
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amcavoy
    I have followed the steps, but I get the following error when I attempt to login:
    Any ideas?
    Looks like you are using squirrelmail, does normal imap work okay?
    Seems Squirrelmail has been set to use SASL authentication, but courier has not been set to use SASL
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Exclamation Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    Can't connect to 127.0.0.1 port 10025

127.0.0.1:120025 inet n - - - - smtpd
    Amavis has been set to use port 10025, while postfix has been set to connect to amavis on port 120025?
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by flurdy
    Amavis has been set to use port 10025, while postfix has been set to connect to amavis on port 120025?
    taynk u fore hellpin me wiff my redin dis-able-ity.

Thanks again, Ivar.

-rabid

Beans

I bet a line your master.cf startes with 2 ?

Remember if a property spans many lines the additional lines must be prefixed with tabs or spaces.
    Not quite the problem, but it put me on the right track... had one too many -'s on one of my lines... Makes ya feel like an idiot when you do that...

Beans

Looks like you are using squirrelmail, does normal imap work okay?
    Seems Squirrelmail has been set to use SASL authentication, but courier has not been set to use SASL
    I am using uw-imapd. I can't fix my problem for anything! Thanks for the help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

hi... i'm kind a newb in this... i'm following the guide as is but i get in this part in red text
    Edit imapd (located in /etc/courier/)
    # set how many connections to use per person. Easy to underestimate if you have 6 mailboxes set up.
    MAXPERIP=20
    # high debug to start with
    DEBUG_LOGIN=2
    IMAPDSTART=YES
    Then edit the same in the pop and ssl options, if you are going to use them.
    where are the files? i mean i just need the pop file but i don't know where to find it... if edit this /etc/courier/pop the file is blank... i'm lost.

thanks
    Leonel Reyes Mata
    Linux User #343531
    http://sirgt.chapinware.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lreyes6
    hi... i'm kind a newb in this... i'm following the guide as is but i get in this part in red text

where are the files? i mean i just need the pop file but i don't know where to find it... if edit this /etc/courier/pop the file is blank... i'm lost.

thanks
    Sorry, my howto only install the IMAP packages, as there is no need for POP when IMAP is available. However if some prefer pop or need to fetch mail then install the courier-pop and courier-pop-ssl packages, which will in turn create the files needed
    Cheers,
    Ivar (flurdy.com)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast