Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck at command line no GUI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 4.10

Re: Stuck at command line no GUI

BodhiZazen,yes it is ty*o, the key between o and q does not work. My internet connection is working, and I did try those codes, but will try again. I will try the last few ideas here. JNW222- I am starting to wonder if the disc is not good. A local comuter service sho* was giving them out free, they burned co*ies, it is the Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.o.4 Server edition LTD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    BodhiZazen,yes it is ty*o, the key between o and q does not work. My internet connection is working, and I did try those codes, but will try again. I will try the last few ideas here. JNW222- I am starting to wonder if the disc is not good. A local comuter service sho* was giving them out free, they burned co*ies, it is the Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.o.4 Server edition LTD.
    That's your problem right there, it's the Server Edition, you need to get the "Desktop Edition".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 4.10

Gee but it`s great to be back home, home is where I wanna beee.. carried away with a little Paul Simon, but I`m sooo happy that it worked because of all your persistence and patience
    Desktop is back! and I will be verrry careful with any future code I enter, this happened when I was trying to fix my sound card problem (which by the way, I still can`t hear anything). Funny, but I ran that apt-get installubuntu-desktop code, and ...upgrade ...update one numerous times, and it just kept taking me back to the grub and `recovery mode` then the command line. This time it worked, go figure.
    Thanks, you guys are awesome! Oh, just curious, why is the desktop edition better? If I am trying to host my own website, wouldn`t the server LTD be better? (sorry if that is for another forum/thread)
    Last edited by Lakeside; November 10th, 2008 at 06:34 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123