Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audio on HP Pavillion DV4z

Beans

Re: audio on HP Pavillion DV4z

Yes, I also have this problem. Sound through headphone jacks, but not through speakers. The only difference is I am using Kubuntu.

Beans

Unhappy Re: audio on HP Pavillion DV4z

Hello, I'm a noob. Just got done installing Hardy on DV4-1222nr pretty much same as DV4-220us (previous post). My sound works fine during initial installation. Upon updating system, sounds stop working on Laptop itself. At home I have a HP Docking station and while the laptop is docked, sound works beautifully. I'm fairly certain that the sounds are coming through the headphone jacks (when not docked) but I haven't validated that either.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMercury View Post
    Hello, I'm a noob. Just got done installing Hardy on DV4-1222nr pretty much same as DV4-220us (previous post). My sound works fine during initial installation. Upon updating system, sounds stop working on Laptop itself. At home I have a HP Docking station and while the laptop is docked, sound works beautifully. I'm fairly certain that the sounds are coming through the headphone jacks (when not docked) but I haven't validated that either.
    I just upgraded to Intrepid and now the sound isn't coming out of the Dock (XB3000) nor the laptops internal speakers. I DID manage to plug in a set of headphones and the sound IS coming through the headphones. Still searching for a solution, just thought I'd post my findings.

Beans

Folks,

The solution is given in
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1073090

Basically its fixed in the newest version of alsa but since it will take a few weeks/months for ubuntu to move to that version you will need to install it yourself.

If you are comfortable with doing things in the command line and more importantly keeping track of what you did so that you can repeat it after a kernel upgrade, go ahead as given in the thread above. I have it working on my dv4 perfectly.
    Laptop 1: Averatec 2150 running Karmic Laptop 2: HP dv4z running Lucid
    Laptop 3: Sony Vaio SR220J running Lucid (amd64) Desktop: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ ABIT AN-M2 nVidia GeForce 7025-630a running Lucid (amd64)

Beans

hey thank you so much this worked beautifully with my dv4z.
    now the only thing needed is to get the microphone to work.
    thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12