Thread: PPC Live CD

Beans

PPC Live CD

I can't seem to find a live cd of ubuntu for my PPC iMac. Ubuntu 8.10 would be best. Any help would be wonderful. Also. I'll be using and old 1.8Ghz PPC iMac with 1 gig of ram. How should performance be?

Beans

Re: PPC Live CD

Is this what you want? I am not sure
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/daily-live/current/

You can use alternate cd if you want, if u are little experienced user.
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/daily/current/

Beans

Downloading now. Thank you so much! It is a LiveCD correct? So I could boot off the CD and play around before installing?
    Last edited by introversion; November 6th, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I went to the first link and yes it looks like the live desktop. Thank you for asking I was looking for it also. I had some trouble upgrading and want to try the live cd before I proceed. If you have trouble you can go to the apple forum to download 8.04 and to ask for help. I beleive you can find 8.04 in the first thread in the forumj.

Beans

I downloaded the first link as well. Put it on a disc and booted from it. I got a black screen with prompts. Followed them but only got what I can only discribe as a cloudy white screen with a lot of flickering. I've never had this happen with any other install of ubuntu before. Although all my previous experience is with an x86 Dell notebook. Did everything go well for you? Need a little help here.