Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Any tips on doing this for us svn-virgins?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lariosa42 View Post
    Any tips on doing this for us svn-virgins?
    install subversion. then do
    Code:
    svn co https://fceultra.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fceultra/fceu/
    svn co https://fceultra.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fceultra/gfceux
    and proceed with the installation as normal. or get a gui for subversion, like this one.

Beans

I've installed fceu and gfceux both from svn and source but when I launch gfceux it return me this:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/gfceux", line 9, in <module>
        from gfceux import main
    ImportError: No module named gfceux
    EDIT: I've solved
    One thing, when i'm in game, the sound result a bit not synchronized. How I resolve it?
    Last edited by reloweb; May 24th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello, gfce hangs after sometime.
    Why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

For those who are sick of having to compile fceux from source, there is an experimental "official" ubuntu package built on 2009-05-09 available in this PPA:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~fabrices...e/experimental

The packager needs people to test it on their systems and report the results in a comment to this bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...eu/+bug/254352

If it works for people, it will be submitted for inclusion in a future version of ubuntu (finally!)
    Last edited by droazen; May 28th, 2009 at 08:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by reloweb View Post
    I've installed fceu and gfceux both from svn and source but when I launch gfceux it return me this:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/gfceux", line 9, in <module>
        from gfceux import main
    ImportError: No module named gfceux
    EDIT: I've solved
    One thing, when i'm in game, the sound result a bit not synchronized. How I resolve it?
    And how did you solve it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hi. Firstly - thanks to those who've picked up and extended the FCEU project. I love this emulator.

2 things -

1. I recently upgraded my TV to a plasma 1920x1080. Games now seem a little jerky. In fceu it's tolerable but still noticeable; in fceux it's downright unplayable and slow. I've tried turning everything down, and using OpenGL. The best settings seem to be to render to a smaller resolution like 640x480 and have it stretch to fit the screen, but it's still not perfect. It's frustrating because I don't appear to be cpu limited - the emu takes roughly 20% according to top (amd X2 1.8ghz). Any ideas?

2. I truly don't understand why all these emus don't let you map important things like save/load state, and EXIT to controller buttons. Surely I'm not the only person who plays this with a MythTv frontend, on a keyboardless computer? Currently I'm using qjoypad to work around this situation but it feels like a dirty hack and not entirely reliable.

Thanks!
    Last edited by James79; May 30th, 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oleoleole View Post
    And how did you solve it?
    I've compiled it with --prefix=/usr/local/ both fceux and gfceux

I'm trying to reinstall FCEUX on Jaunty. Everything appears to install fine, except when I try to run it I get
    Code:
    Starting FCEUX 2.1.0a...
    Could not initialize SDL: No available video device.
    I tried compiling from source as well as downloading the .deb off launchpad. Apparently I'm missing something related to SDL, but I don't know what.
    Code:
    dpkg -l *sdl* | grep ii
    ii  libsdl-gfx1.2-4                            2.0.13-4                                                 drawing and graphical effects extension for 
    ii  libsdl-gfx1.2-dev                          2.0.13-4                                                 development files for SDL_gfx
    ii  libsdl-image1.2                            1.2.6-3                                                  image loading library for Simple DirectMedia
    ii  libsdl-image1.2-dev                        1.2.6-3                                                  development files for SDL 1.2 image loading 
    ii  libsdl-mixer1.2                            1.2.8-5                                                  mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1
    ii  libsdl-mixer1.2-dev                        1.2.8-5                                                  development files for SDL1.2 mixer library
    ii  libsdl-sound1.2                            1.0.3-3                                                  Decoder of several sound file formats for SD
    ii  libsdl-sound1.2-dev                        1.0.3-3                                                  Development files for SDL_sound
    ii  libsdl-ttf2.0-0                            2.0.9-1                                                  ttf library for Simple DirectMedia Layer wit
    ii  libsdl-ttf2.0-dev                          2.0.9-1                                                  development files for SDL ttf library (versi
    ii  libsdl1.2-dev                              1.2.13-4ubuntu3                                          Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
    ii  libsdl1.2debian                            1.2.13-4ubuntu3                                          Simple DirectMedia Layer
    ii  libsdl1.2debian-all                        1.2.13-4ubuntu3                                          Simple DirectMedia Layer (with all available
    Last edited by slightlystoopid; June 7th, 2009 at 02:44 AM.

ugh, the SDL FAQs have this...
    Q: I get the error: "no video devices available"
    A: SDL doesn't use the X11 video driver if it can't open the X display, and if no other drivers are available, it will report this error.
    To fix this, set your display environment variable appropriately:
    sh: DISPLAY=:0 ; export DISPLAY
    csh: setenv DISPLAY :0
    If you still have problems, try running xhost + localhost
    Finally, if all those didn't work, and you built SDL from source, make sure that you have the X11 development libraries installed, otherwise you'll get a version of SDL that doesn't include X11 display support. After you install the X development libraries, you need to "make clean" and then rerun the configure and build process.
    of course, the DISPLAY variable is set properly, and xhost +localhost doesn't do anything. all X11 dev librarys are insalled. man, a complete SDL removal and reinstall would require removing soooo much stuff. and it's probably not gonna work anyway. *sigh*

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast