Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Quote Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
    does it matter whether they are open or closed source drivers? I have the closed source ones and perhaps this might be the problem, as seen in the article I linked.

because other OpenGL applications and emulators work without issues.
    The problem noted in the article (mailing list) that you linked has since been resolved if you are using the latest version of fceux. what version of ubuntu are you running? you need to make sure that you have all the dependencies as well as the "-dev" package of the dependencies installed on your system

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    The problem noted in the article (mailing list) that you linked has since been resolved if you are using the latest version of fceux. what version of ubuntu are you running? you need to make sure that you have all the dependencies as well as the "-dev" package of the dependencies installed on your system
    problem solved finally!

after upgrading to the latest kernel (Ubuntu 12.04 3.2.0.39), suddenly Compiz effects werent working.

had to install Nvidia drivers again this time from terminal in recovery mode. After that both Compiz effects worked and fceux compiled normally
    strange because in the previous kernel while there were Compiz effects and Opengl worked, fceux wouldnt compile due to libgl.so

now problem has been fixed, mainly due to the new kernel. in the previous kernel even if I reinstalled Nvidia drivers, libgl.so would appear.

Beans

2.2.1 released with some bug fixes and new features: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fceultra/files/

enjoy!

Beans

I'm not sure why I can't edit the OP anymore, but the new svn repo URL is:

svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/fceultra/code/fceu/trunk fceultra

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I had to
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install liblua5.1-0-dev
    and then everything worked out. Thanks for these instructions because the 1 provided in the repo's for 12.04 would seg fault after only 15 seconds and I found it because I run the Nvidia binary driver for my 8400 GS

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526