Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Ok, so I need to download the fceux-2.0.3 archive file with both the "fceu" and "gfceux" folders right? Then extract them to the same directory? Or do I need to merge them?

When I enter scons it says:

scons: Reading SConscript file...
    platform: posix
    Checking for C Library SDL... no
    Did not find libSDL or SDL.lib, exiting!

What do I need to enter to install that?
    Last edited by AdventWolf; January 25th, 2009 at 02:49 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by AdventWolf View Post
    Ok, so I need to download the fceux-2.0.3 archive file with both the "fceu" and "gfceux" folders right? Then extract them to the same directory? Or do I need to merge them?

When I enter scons it says:

scons: Reading SConscript file...
    platform: posix
    Checking for C Library SDL... no
    Did not find libSDL or SDL.lib, exiting!

What do I need to enter to install that?
    fceux-2.0.3.src.tar.gz is the one. don't merge the folders. run "scons" and "sudo scons install" from fceu directory, and "sudo python setup.py install" for fceux. to easily search for applications and missing libraries use Synaptic. for sdl libraries you need this: apt://libsdl1.2-dev. you'll probably need a few more, like this one: apt://libsdl-gfx1.2-dev. use Synaptic to find others.

Beans

Sweet! I spent about 15 mins looking and downloading stuff I thought I needed in synaptic several hours ago but I still didn't have the right ones.

I was at the exact same spot yesterday I just didn't have the libraries. Thank you! It works perfectly.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AdventWolf View Post
    I've downloaded that link at least 5 times in the past 2 days. Do I need both the fceu and gfceux to play a nes rom?

I just want to start over. Ok everything nes emulator is off my computer, what do I need to download and install to play NES games and configure the menu?

Is there a way for me to uninstall all the files? they don't like to be deleted.
    dude just read the HOWTO it explains everything. follow the instructions carefully and if you encounter an error report it

i know its a pain to install right now, and that's because there is no deb package for fceux and gfceux yet

Beans

I read a few tutorials, but the problem was that I didn't have the libraries and it wasn't until late that someone helped me out by giving me the link.

Beans

I have a fedora 10 src rpm of fceux. Maybe someone could use alien to turn it into a deb package?

Beans

I'm unable to compile up fceu 2.0.3 from the source which have been provided. Need help. System: Debian Lenny on my powerbook (see my signature).

Here's the output:
    Code:
    g++ -o src/sound.o -c -Wall -Wno-write-strings -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -DHAVE_ASPRINTF -DOPENGL 
    -DPSS_STYLE=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -D_S9XLUA_H -DFRAMESKIP -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/l
    ocal/include/lua5.1 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 src/sound.cpp
    g++ -o src/state.o -c -Wall -Wno-write-strings -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -DHAVE_ASPRINTF -DOPENGL 
    -DPSS_STYLE=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -D_S9XLUA_H -DFRAMESKIP -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/l
    ocal/include/lua5.1 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 src/state.cpp
    src/state.cpp: In function 'int SubWrite(std::ostream*, SFORMAT*)':
    src/state.cpp:121: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'uint8*'
    src/state.cpp:121: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'void FlipByteOrder(uint8*, uint32)'
    src/state.cpp:132: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'uint8*'
    src/state.cpp:132: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'void FlipByteOrder(uint8*, uint32)'
    src/state.cpp: In function 'bool ReadStateChunk(std::istream*, SFORMAT*, int)':
    src/state.cpp:200: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'uint8*'
    src/state.cpp:200: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'void FlipByteOrder(uint8*, uint32)'
    scons: *** [src/state.o] Error 1
    scons: building terminated because of errors.
    Debian 11 "Bullseye"
    HP Envy 2021 laptop
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans

along the same lines . . . I've successfully compiled and installed fceux and gfceux, the graphics work, the sound is fine (8.10 on a Dell Mini 9, sound fix applied). However, the key mapping is proving problematic. I can run the gfceux input utility, and it seems to accept the keystrokes. However, when attempting to run a ROM, no input is accepted.

I've tried using only alpha keys, and also using the control keys. Is there a known issue about the mini keyboard? Or am I missing something?

Finally, I'm not sure which file would need to be edited to manually correct this issue, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'm happy to try.

Thx!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I followed the instructions and it works fine, but I can't get the display to fill my widescreen monitor when I go into fullscreen mode. It stays stuck in 4:3 instead of going into 16:9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

hello, I read all of the posts sofar, I tried to upgrade from fceux 2.02 to 2.03, upon running the script for gfceux i get
    n:~/Documents/download/games/nintendo/fceux-2.03/fceultra/gfceux$ sudo python setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    package init file 'src/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
    package init file 'src/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
    running build_scripts
    error: file 'gfceux' does not exist

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast