Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Quote Originally Posted by billc123 View Post
    The problem i have with the one from the ubuntu repository is in full screen mode the mouse cursor remains in the center of the screen. Does anyone know if that is fixed in the newer version?
    yes we've fixed that in 2.0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

When I try to compile, it fails at step 4 with:
    Code:
    sh: o: not found
    Copy("bin/fceux", "src/fceux")
    scons: *** [bin/fceux] src/fceux: No such file or directory
    scons: building terminated because of errors.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Dunk View Post
    When I try to compile, it fails at step 4 with:
    Code:
    sh: o: not found
    Copy("bin/fceux", "src/fceux")
    scons: *** [bin/fceux] src/fceux: No such file or directory
    scons: building terminated because of errors.
    make sure build-essential is installed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    make sure build-essential is installed
    That did the trick, Thanks. Now I feel like a bonehead for not making sure that stuff was installed!

Beans

hi- I tried out the fceux 2.0.3. with gfce Ultra X 2.0.2 svn, but the mouse cursor still remains in the center of the screen when launching in full screen mode, there is some clicking noises when launching now, escape key doesn't exit the emulator now, and up and left don't seem to map with the gamepad.

Beans

I figured out it is F1 to quit now instead of escape. But i still am having problems with up, and left on the gamepad, sound, and the mouse cursor in the new version. If anyone knows the answer please let me know- thanks...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Does anyone know if the feature allowing you to speed up emulation by pressing the tilde key has been removed in this version?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Dunk View Post
    Does anyone know if the feature allowing you to speed up emulation by pressing the tilde key has been removed in this version?
    it's not removed, the hotkeys have moved.. = is to increase emu speed - is to decrease

you can't currently map these hotkeys very easily... if you relaly want to you can edit the config file by hand (~/.fceux/fceux.cfg) and insert SDL keymap codes but that's a little much for the average user i'll probably get around to coding a gui for mapping the hotkeys once this semester is over ( a couple weeks )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by billc123 View Post
    hi- I tried out the fceux 2.0.3. with gfce Ultra X 2.0.2 svn, but the mouse cursor still remains in the center of the screen when launching in full screen mode, there is some clicking noises when launching now, escape key doesn't exit the emulator now, and up and left don't seem to map with the gamepad.

I can't reproduce your issue with the mouse in fullscreen, it's hidden for me. This may have been fixed in the latest subversion, you might want to compile that and see if that fixes your issue. Also, what processor arch are you running on? I'm write and test on Ubuntu 8.10 x64. Also, what window manager are you using ?

Sound has been cleaned up a lot in the subversion trunk, so a lot of sound issues should be fixed in 2.0.4. I would check out and compile the latest subversion to get these fixes; it's quite a big improvement in sound quality.

The keybindings have moved. The documentation is incomplete/inaccurate but here is the ****** SDL documentation link: http://fceux.com/web/htdocs/fceux-sdl-docs.php

What do you mean up and left don't map with the gamepad? What keys are you attempting to map for up and left? Is this on a keyboard or a joystick? Also, make sure that you press each key TWICE when your configuring your gamepad.

I hope that helps you out a little bit. A lot of things have been fixed lately, if you can't wait for the 2.0.4 release to enjoy the improvements, check out the svn. And no, I have no idea when 2.0.4 will be released (when its ready lol)

Beans

I just updated the sdl docs. While they are still not complete, they are more current with the latest version of fceux. http://fceultra.sourceforge.net/docs.php

check out the sdl faq and the sdl doc

enjoy!

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast