Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Angry Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Greetings,

I just tried installing from the source file, and I came across a huge problem in doing so.

I copy-pasted the long sudo apt-get install command and installed the necessary packages. I also extracted the fceu and gfceux folders to the home directory.

When I ran the sudo scons install command, the entire process failed. I was getting not found errors for every file it tried to work with.

I would include an entire terminal entry, but it ran way longer than the terminal length before it starts cropping the oldest lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,
    Redmage913

PS Running Xubuntu 9.04 on a Dell Mini 9.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

I just installed the latest version of FCEUX from source and I'm having the same input problem described a few pages back. I have liblua5.1-dev installed, and I even tried running sudo apt-get install liblua5.1* and with all the packages it still doesn't accept input after config.

Can anyone help?

Beans

Anyone at all?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage913 View Post
    Greetings,

I just tried installing from the source file, and I came across a huge problem in doing so.

I copy-pasted the long sudo apt-get install command and installed the necessary packages. I also extracted the fceu and gfceux folders to the home directory.

When I ran the sudo scons install command, the entire process failed. I was getting not found errors for every file it tried to work with.

I would include an entire terminal entry, but it ran way longer than the terminal length before it starts cropping the oldest lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,
    Redmage913

PS Running Xubuntu 9.04 on a Dell Mini 9.
    I had this problem as well. You need to install g++:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install g++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've installed to Ubuntu 9.10 using the instructions on your website and I get choppy sound. Is there any way to fix this? I tried changing the Buffer size and Sample rate but it had little effect
    I'm on The Web | Flickr | tumblr
    My computer: Dell Studio 1555: Pentium Dual Core T4300(2.1GHz,800MHz,1MB), 4096MB 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel, 512 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570
    Please don't send PM's asking for help. Use the forum instead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Trying to get FCEUX working on my gf's old laptop (running ubuntu 8.04). Here is the error I get when I try to run sudo scons install:

Code:
    scons: Reading SConscript files ...
    NameError: name 'Variables' is not defined:
      File "/home/nikki/fceux-2.1.2.src/fceu/SConstruct", line 5:
        opts = Variables()
    The laptop is a Compaq with AMD64 processor. I've read through this thread and the FAQ on the fceu website. I haven't played with any Linux stuff in a long time. Is the fix on this something easy that I'm forgetting? I installed all the dependencies from the beginning of this HOWTO, and tried svn, and installed gtk++. No dice yet.

Thanks,
    ~S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm not getting a window when I go Applications->Games->FCEUX NES Emulator.

stuart@stuback:~$ gfceux
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gfceux", line 9, in <module>
    from gfceux import main
    ImportError: No module named gfceux
    Also, what's the progress on replacing the GFCEU and FCEU entries in the Ubuntu Software Center?
    Last edited by Stuart P. Bentley; November 14th, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

To eliminate the "ImportError: No module named gfceux" error message, just open the file "/usr/bin/gfceux" with a text editor and append the numbers "2.5" to the very first line, so it reads:

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/python2.5
    This solved the problem for me on Jaunty, it certainly has to do the trick on Karmic, too.

They switched to Python 2.6 in Jaunty, but fortunately the old version is still available.

Beans

Hey all,
    I know I'm sort of bringing this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to announce that I'm starting work on an integrated GTK GUI for FceuX. This will eliminate the need for a launcher program since options will changeable during run-time.

I've currently just begun work on this, and there are only a few basic features but if you want to check it out, compile the subversion source with the GTK flag checked (ie: scons GTK=1 install)

If anyone is interested in working on this with me shoot me a PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

In order to get gfceux to work (after compiling without a prefix) I tried to cut out everything to do with the network setup. (there's a colorful comment in main.py justifying this action as well...)

take a look at this main.py (from /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gfceux/) in which I've commented out everything that i thought might be relevant.. I am not familiar with the code however so it's pretty likely I did something wrong. I did make one small deletion, where "network" was requested whenever you hit a button on the gui.

The good news is, fceux works fine anyway, and now I can even use gfceux to configure the controllers, screen, sound, and load games. (haven't tried any lua scripts yet.)

Also, there's another bug in uninstall.py for gfceux, where it looks for files in the wrong directory (after installing with a prefix). I've attached my revision to this as well...

ps - I'd very much like to work with the svn directly but the checkout link on the homepage doesn't seem to be working... is it just me or is the repository down?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast