Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Quote Originally Posted by nortexoid View Post
    I just installed in Jaunty using the .deb, and while fceux works, the graphical interface gfeux doesn't. This is the error I get:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/gfceux", line 9, in <module>
        from gfceux import main
    ImportError: No module named gfceux
    Any ideas?
    I have the same problem. I solved it running the script at /usr/bin/gfceux with python2.5. Remember that the version installed by default on jaunty is 2.6... so just run in a terminal

python2.5 /usr/bin/gfceux

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

Any ideas about "native" Game Genie support? (i mean, that GG codes can be entered directly on the command line / GUI without using a GG rom). Like in FCEU for Windows.

Beans
    Hidden!

I installed it and have it up and running. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Game Genie emulation. Any help or tutorials would be most appreciated.

Beans

Hello all,
    Fantastic piece of work here. This may be a bit out, but I'm trying to use a PSX controller that I modded to fit into the parallel port. All the buttons work, but the directional pad doesn't. It is recognized by other js calibration tools, but fceux just doesn't pick it up. Any ideas? Can I edit the config file manually to get it to recognize these?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sticmann View Post
    Hello all,
    Fantastic piece of work here. This may be a bit out, but I'm trying to use a PSX controller that I modded to fit into the parallel port. All the buttons work, but the directional pad doesn't. It is recognized by other js calibration tools, but fceux just doesn't pick it up. Any ideas? Can I edit the config file manually to get it to recognize these?

Thanks.
    I have the same problem with my 360 controller. Fceux has trouble recognizing any part of the controller that the OS treats as a "hat" right now

Beans

As for the person that was complaining about low framerate, try turning openGL off and turning compiz off if it is on.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    I have the same problem with my 360 controller. Fceux has trouble recognizing any part of the controller that the OS treats as a "hat" right now
    Thank you for the quick reply. Do you know if this is something that is being worked on? Is this a common issue or an outside case?

Beans

I just wanted to mention that I have been able to run FCEUX 2.1.1 (during this summer) successfully on the ppc linux platform and as of today 2.1.0 have been tested and working with no problems on my pc linux system as of today.

Is this the best nes emulator available for Linux today? (when thinking about cpu efficency and stability)

It has been the only NES emulator which I have successfully used on a ppc linux system, ever.
    Debian 11 "Bullseye"
    HP Envy 2021 laptop
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by ArCeSiNo View Post
    I have the same problem. I solved it running the script at /usr/bin/gfceux with python2.5. Remember that the version installed by default on jaunty is 2.6... so just run in a terminal

python2.5 /usr/bin/gfceux
    # python2.5 setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

solves the problem, at install stage

greetings

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Install (G)FCEUX 2.0 NES emulator

EDIT:Never mind... post above me solved it.
    Last edited by mister_playboy; July 28th, 2009 at 04:10 AM.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast