Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watch top gear?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Anyone watch top gear?

They call "seasons" "series" in Britain?

In the US we use "series" to refer to the show in its entirety, not a single year's worth of episodes. When I saw an episode the other day and they said that the series is coming to a close I was highly disappointed.
    Acer Aspire 5050-5554 w/ 4GB RAM upgrade. Ubuntu Aug 07 - Dec 08; Arch Linux Dec 08 - July 2011; Ubuntu again since July 2011.
    "Triclops": Home-built AMD Athlon II X2 250, 4GB RAM, Radeon 6570, 500GB HDD. Ubuntu/Windows-XP duo since Jun 2010.

Beans

Yeah, we call them series, except for US imported shows which are seasons.

But I digress, top gear was awesome, especially when Clarkson's van set on fire and Hammond's car escaped

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I love top gear.
    Last edited by dirtylobster; November 3rd, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: wtf I wrote it in all caps. how lame.

Beans

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081103/...y-45dbed5.html

clarkson and the little guy are the two people i dislike most on tv. i'd never seen top gear, but started watching it because there are so many repeats and realised i love to hate them lol

i like how they think they're really funny, the little guy drove off twice without attaching the lorry load lol, it was so obvious he was going to do that, i love it.

i've even started pretending to laugh at their jokes, i just hope i don't end up in a mental institution because i'm not sure that's normal lol
    Thanks to the forums staff for your dedication and hard work
    (the admins changed my sig to that lol )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aaaantoine View Post

They call "seasons" "series" in Britain?

In the US we use "series" to refer to the show in its entirety, not a single year's worth of episodes. When I saw an episode the other day and they said that the series is coming to a close I was highly disappointed.

_

That baffles me too . . . and they have 2 of such "series" within an year. Usually, other American soaps, like LOST, have an year's gap between 2 of its "seasons"

Quote Originally Posted by billgoldberg View Post

I love top gear, just watched the new episode.

I usually download them or watch them on megavideo.

I don't like watching tv on normal hours, nor do I care to record it.

_
    Same here. Although BBC does air here in India, I don't know when Top Gear is on it. Moreover, people will think I am a freak for watching it.

You see, in India, people will never be able to get their heads around 3 blokes setting things on fire just for fun. The only thing Indian people like watching on TV are family soaps with mother-in-laws setting their daughter-in-laws on fire. Trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by ice60 View Post

i ready hate jc and that little guy too, they both have really irritating speech impediments - when jemery clarkson takes a breath he makes a really stupid sucking sound so you can hear all the phlem in his mouth and the little guy sounds like he's got a blocked up nose.

_
    If you are a girl (in the photo), and you hate Top Gear (& cars), I completely understand.

But, if you are a guy and you don't like Top Gear, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??

Just Joking. Please don't get me banned from this forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Iyer View Post
    If you are a girl (in the photo), and you hate Top Gear (& cars), I completely understand.

But, if you are a guy and you don't like Top Gear, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??
    But, if ice60 is a girl, surely she would like Hammond? I thought all girls liked Hammond. My little sister certainly does! (although, she also loves cars and Top Gear)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12