Thread: Audacity For DJ's. My First Experience

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Talking Audacity For DJ's. My First Experience

Hey everyone, I'm posting this up because I am an ubuntu user and recently I decided to try audacity to record a DJ set instead of using windows and any software of it and I want to share the experience with all of you(even if it's nothing new or relvant to many).

Well, My friend Alejandro DM (myspace.com/djalejandrosfm) is a DJ and producer as well, he uses OSX, serato scratch live and ofcourse his CDJ's to play his sets, however, on this ocasion he wanted to record the set and asked me for my laptop to record his new session, I said "sure, I have the exact software to it" so since I had used audacity beforw on windows, I decided to give it a shot on ubuntu, kinda scared and nervous to be honest. turns out that a few hours back he played his set and I recorded it directly from the mixer to audacity and IT was fabulous!, I'm as I post listening to the session on audacity to convert it into MP3 later, I will post it up here as soon as I have it. I'm really happy with the results I've had and I encourage anyone to use this great software.

Besides coming out great, I also took some time to show off ubuntu and it's graphic effects with compiz while still recording the session (kinda risky, I know) to the others around me, they were amazed. Something else I liked, how simple everything was to set-up.

well, that's it for now, I'll update the post once My friend is ready to release this session. Thanks for reading.

Beans

Re: Audacity For DJ's. My First Experience

were you running the mixer output directly in to your laptop's microphone jack, or were you going through an external soundcard?

Beans

Re: Audacity For DJ's. My First Experience

This thread is more than a year old, I'd advice that you'd start a new thread with that question.

Regards
    Iain