Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless stops working when lid is closed.

Beans

Re: Wireless stops working when lid is closed.

I've nothing terribly constructive to add here, except that I have the same problem on a Thinkpad x200s.

the computer is set to blank screen when laptop lid is closed (Karmic 9.10 x64)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

anyone know if this is registered as problem with Ubuntu??? this is really annoying and i can't believe it is not bothering many people.

Beans

I'm having this problem too. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with an Intel 4965 wireless card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bump

I have an Asus F3Ka laptop and the wireless drops out a few minutes after the lid is closed (laptop is plugged in and not even running on battery). Even after I open the lid I must re-establish the wireless connection by opening a web browser. This is annoying because I need to connect to my laptop from work via SSH and NoMachine but I cannot. I could leave the lid open but when you have kids that’s not really an option. This was not an issue in Windows 7 as I could RDP to my laptop even with the lid closed. Does anyone know if some setting can be changed in Ubuntu Lucid x64 to correct this?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hayhursm View Post
    bump

i have an asus f3ka laptop and the wireless drops out a few minutes after the lid is closed (laptop is plugged in and not even running on battery). Even after i open the lid i must re-establish the wireless connection by opening a web browser. This is annoying because i need to connect to my laptop from work via ssh and nomachine but i cannot. I could leave the lid open but when you have kids that’s not really an option. This was not an issue in windows 7 as i could rdp to my laptop even with the lid closed. Does anyone know if some setting can be changed in ubuntu lucid x64 to correct this?

bump

Beans

Change your settings in System>Preferences>Power Management.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Change your settings in System>Preferences>Power Management.
    I couldn't find a "wireless power option" in those settings. My Power Settings right now are to leave everything on when plugged in and the laptop is plugged in always. Any ideas?

Beans

Was this problem ever fixed? I have it with an HP Touchsmart tm2, Kubuntu 12.04 (also had it in 11.04).

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeyrn View Post
    Was this problem ever fixed? I have it with an HP Touchsmart tm2, Kubuntu 12.04 (also had it in 11.04).

Hello,

I have since sold my laptop so I'm not sure about this problem any more...maybe someone else can provide a solution. I'm sorry and wish I had better news.

Beans

Still happens with 12.10 as well. I have reported this as bug #1153252

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12