Thread: OpenOffice 3: Numbered Table of Contents

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OpenOffice 3: Numbered Table of Contents

Hello there!

Maybe this should have been posted in another subforum, but since I didn't find any Office related forums, I'll try this one.
    My problem is with OpenOffice. I've installed OO 3, which runs pretty fine; some small annoyances, but I can stick with them. My problem has been since OO 2 though. I've tried to add a simple Table of Contents (Insert -> Indexes and Tables -> Indexes and Tables...) which is numbered. I hoped it would simply be to change the properties for the different Headers (1, 2, 3...) to be numbered, but this killed the TOC totally. Do you have a tip how to make all headers and foremost the TOC numbered?
    I'm writing a scientific report that would be a little more readable if this worked, so any help is appreciated.
    Kind regards!
    PGP public key: 0xB39B0BA9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: OpenOffice 3: Numbered Table of Contents

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but I wanted to point out that you can find OpenOffice-specific forums at http://www.oooforum.org/ and http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/. If no one answers here, you might find better help over there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you, I will check this out. My question lives on though, so if anyone see this and knows what to do: please reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

...and I can hereby see this thread as solved. If anyone wonders the same thing as I did, the answer is right here:
    How to number my Table Of Contents in OO.org