Thread: Hardy Intellij Shortcut from sh script

Beans

Question Hardy Intellij Shortcut from sh script

Hey everyone. So I've been scouring the forums, and I found a bunch of previous posts on how to create desktop/launcher shortcuts from shell scripts, but i can't seem to get it to work for intellij.

i've tried both application and application in terminal for the type, and for command i've tried 'sh -c "/usr/lib/intellij/bin/idea.sh"' i've tried just '/usr/lib/intellij/bin/idea.sh'. I also created a launcher that re-sets my JAVA_HOME environment variable (even though it's set in my profile that gets loaded every time i sign into gnome) and attempted to use that from the launcher shortcut. I also added /usr/lib/intellij/bin to my path so i don't even need the absolute path to use the scripts; after that i tried using just 'idea.sh' and 'ideaLaunch.sh'... I'm really at a loss here.

I should add that using either of the following commands in a terminal window works perfectly without error:

idea.sh

or

ideaLaunch.sh (this the launcher that i created that sets the JAVA_HOME variable again)

Here's the launch script that I created, just in case i have some error in here that could be causing this shortcut not work:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    #
    # ------------------------------------------------------
    #  IntelliJ IDEA Startup Script for Unix
    # ------------------------------------------------------
    #
    #
    # ideaLaunch.sh

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/Java6u6
    export JDK_HOME=$JAVA_HOME
    /usr/lib/intellij/bin/idea.sh
    If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here please reply.

Thanks for taking the time read/respond to my question
    Last edited by wdavidow; November 2nd, 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added clarification on some things...

Beans

Re: Hardy Intellij Shortcut from sh script

erm.. you are aware of how hopeless that second line of code is right, your setting a variable to itself, that won't change anything(and will proberly just slow things down).

Perhaphs you could go over a few things, like what happens when you go to run it, do you get an error message?
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat